Computer goes to sleep when Squeezebox is playing.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hwirt
    • May 2009

Computer goes to sleep when Squeezebox is playing.

I just set up a new music server to replace my aging 7 year old system running windows XPro. Both are set up to wake on land and that function works fine.

Also have the systems set up to go to sleep after 15 minutes with no activity and this function works fine with the old XP computer. Problem is with my new system running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 the computer goes to sleep when Squeezebox is playing. Tried a few things to remedy the problem:

1) Using the advanced menu in Media Server set the switch to prohibit standby when player is on. This didn't help.

2) Configured Media Server to start program as administrator. This didn't help.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Hwirt; 2012-12-08, 15:16.
    1 Squeezebox Classic, 2 Squeezebox Boom, 2 Squeezebox Touch, 1 Squeezebox Radio, 10000+ CD's
    McIntosh MC352, Carver M1.5t & C1, Benchmark DAC1
    Sony PS-X600 Shure V15 type V
    JBL L220 Oracle & K2 S9800SE
  • Apesbrain
    • Jun 2005

On your LMS "Plugins" tab is "Windows: Prevent System Standby (v2.0)" enabled?

Comment

• Hwirt
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Apesbrain
      On your LMS "Plugins" tab is "Windows: Prevent System Standby (v2.0)" enabled?
      Yes, it's enabled.
      1 Squeezebox Classic, 2 Squeezebox Boom, 2 Squeezebox Touch, 1 Squeezebox Radio, 10000+ CD's

Comment

• Apesbrain
        • Jun 2005

FWIW, on my server I let LMS handle power control. In Windows, I've set all power timeouts to "Never". In LMS, I've configured the above plugin to standby after 20 min. of idle time and prohibit standby if any players are on. I'm also using the "PowerSave" plugin to automatically turn off any players after 15 min. of idle time.

Comment

• Hwirt
          • May 2009

Think the problem is solved; shut down LMS, rebooted and everything seems to be working properly. Wakes On Lan when the power button is pushed, keeps playing until all songs on the playlist are completed then goes to sleep after 5 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

• ButC
            • Sep 2012

I got this problem of the computer going to sleep while Sqeezebox is playing when installing 7.8 on a new server (windows 7 home premium). I've tried the above but with no luck. Anyone that has any other ideas?
            //Johan

Windows 10
            Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1666760196 @ Wed Oct 26 07:17:03 WEDT 2022
            Local Player Plugin (Squeezelite)
            Intel Compute Stick M3

Comment

• ButC
              • Sep 2012

It sorted itself out. God knows how, but it did. Time is always on your side. You wait long enough and it fixes itself or it aint needs to be fixed anymore.
              //Johan

Windows 10
              Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1666760196 @ Wed Oct 26 07:17:03 WEDT 2022
              Local Player Plugin (Squeezelite)
              Intel Compute Stick M3

Comment

Working...