PDA

View Full Version : New Podcasts on Internet Radio->Staff Picks->Ben's Picks

bklaas
2012-11-30, 15:43
hello [beleaguered, orphaned] squeezebox fans-

I added a couple of podcasts I've been listening to frequently on to the Internet Radio->Staff Picks->Ben's Picks->Podcasts menu. You'll find them down at the bottom.

Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin - Star of large and small screen Alec Baldwin hosts this interview podcast from NPR. The discussions are consistently excellent, but if you are going to listen to just one of these, I'd highly recommend the talk with NYTimes editor David Brooks.
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/heresthething/

Linux Action Show! - This is the linux podcast I've been looking for. Appropriately nerdy but also very approachable with lots of interesting topical discussion. While they lose some street cred for being sponsored by GoDaddy, the hosts are entertaining and sharp. The latest episode on Mint 14 is a good one, as is the previous one on running Ubuntu on a Nexus 7. This is a video podcast as well but it works just fine as an audio feed.
http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/show/linuxactionshow/

(note: you can add rss podcast urls to your own player and save them as favorites. My list in staff picks is intended as recommendations and as a procured preset list for the lazy)

cheers,
#!/ben

azinck3
2012-11-30, 20:00
Wow, great to hear from you Ben. Hope life's been good for you post-Logitech, and thanks for the podcast recommendations.

(note: you can add rss podcast urls to your own player and save them as favorites. My list in staff picks is intended as recommendations and as a procured preset list for the lazy)

I'm curious about this. Add them where? Whenever I want to add podcasts I tend to do it using bpa's NPR Radio plugin which allows you to add arbitrary feeds. I know you can also do it via the Podcast app but I prefer not to rely on mysqueezebox.com. Is there another, better way?

Thanks.

bwaldron
2012-11-30, 20:48
I'm curious about this. Add them where? Whenever I want to add podcasts I tend to do it using bpa's NPR Radio plugin which allows you to add arbitrary feeds. I know you can also do it via the Podcast app but I prefer not to rely on mysqueezebox.com. Is there another, better way?

Just add the podcast RSS URL as a Favorite in LMS.

azinck3
2012-11-30, 21:24
Just add the podcast RSS URL as a Favorite in LMS.

Thanks for the response. I've always added favorites by choosing "add to favorites" on any item I found via browsing. I never noticed the little 'edit' icon next to the favorites so I never realized you could add an arbitrary URL! Been using this system for 10 years and found something new.