PDA

View Full Version : SB vs UE apps

hip2b2
2012-11-27, 16:48
Any difference in apps availability between the 2 operating systems?

Thanks

hip

pippin
2012-11-27, 17:43
You mean "Music Service type of Apps" or "Controller Apps"?

hip2b2
2012-11-27, 18:08
I started asking this question just thinking about the number of music server apps that are available. But aside from the differences in the OS that people are writing about, how are the apps in general? The same, different, better, worse? User comparisons are appreciated as EVERYTHING is great when you read promotional material.

Regards

HIP

pippin
2012-11-27, 19:54
Sorry, I _still_ don't understand what you mean with "Apps".
If you talk about stuff like Spotify, MOG et al. They are pretty much the same as on the Squeezebox and also look pretty much the same, at least on the device.

hip2b2
2012-11-28, 04:59
Apps is the term used for by Logitech on their mysqueezebox website for the various installable programs to access BBC, Pandora etc. I think though, you have answered my question as their being "pretty much the same" on the surface.

Thanks

erland
2012-11-28, 11:58
Apps is the term used for by Logitech on their mysqueezebox website for the various installable programs to access BBC, Pandora etc. I think though, you have answered my question as their being "pretty much the same" on the surface.

At the moment, my feeling is that they do a little bit more bug fixes on the UE Smart Radio apps. Important bugs will probably be fixed in both while less important might only be fixed in UE Smart Radio version.