PDA

View Full Version : MySB.com and Duet??

w3wilkes
2012-11-02, 11:43
With the recent MySB outage it raises my concern about the Duet setup process requiring access to MySB.com to complete setup! I would hope that Logitech will remove this requirement from the Duet firmware so that a Duet can be set up without MySB.com access. Or, does Logitech plan on stranding us Duet owners with perfectly good hardware that is unable to complete the setup process when Logitech shuts down MySB.com?

Mnyb
2012-11-02, 23:36
With the recent MySB outage it raises my concern about the Duet setup process requiring access to MySB.com to complete setup! I would hope that Logitech will remove this requirement from the Duet firmware so that a Duet can be set up without MySB.com access. Or, does Logitech plan on stranding us Duet owners with perfectly good hardware that is unable to complete the setup process when Logitech shuts down MySB.com?

usually holding left arrow for a while takes you out of it .

w3wilkes
2012-11-03, 01:54
Tried the left arrow. It does back you up, but then you still can't get setup to complete. The controller won't connect the receiver to your local LMS until the controller connects to MySB.com first. It's like once the controller gets a ACK from MySB.com it then asks if you want to keep your current MySB.com account, you say yes and then the controller instructs the receiver to connect to the local LMS.

Mnyb
2012-11-03, 01:59
Tried the left arrow. It does back you up, but then you still can't get setup to complete. The controller won't connect the receiver to your local LMS until the controller connects to MySB.com first. It's like once the controller gets a ACK from MySB.com it then asks if you want to keep your current MySB.com account, you say yes and then the controller instructs the receiver to connect to the local LMS.

Hmm if one gets the controller to find you local LMS first ? and then try the setup reciever wiz ? That migth not work either .

But then it's time for net:udap script to setup the reciever ? just ideas

w3wilkes
2012-11-03, 02:19
Yes, I thought about using net::UDAP to set up the receiver. I think that would work, but I also think the controller would still be useless until it could get a ACK from MySB.com. You might say to use a iThing or Android device to control it. Well, if I had one it would be nice, but I don't. So that leaves me only the LMS webUI to control the receiver with. I still believe that Logitech needs to remove the requirement during setup on the Duet to get the ACK from MySB.com.

Mnyb
2012-11-03, 02:47
Nothing like a challenge I unboxed my old controller and factory reset the thing :)

Ok lets try .

Language > English

Choose region > all other

choose network etc .

waiting

"there is problem conecting to mysqueezebox.com"

Aha what worked was "choose player" from that menu

If auto discovery works in your network port 3483 is open and there are other players on the system coneted to the local LMS you can sneak in this way :)

So if you got the receiver up by net udap this might be possible

Now I'm going to factory reset again... tbc

w3wilkes
2012-11-03, 03:00
I will be very curious how your experiment goes. When I had the problem I was setting up one controller and receiver. I have 2 of each. The other Duet was working fine so I should have been able to do as you say and choose the working receiver. I thought I tried that and thought it only showed me the reset receivers' MAC address, but maybe I just dreamed that. My network "play time" is limited by the wife. When she sits down at her PC to cruise what's happening on FB she gets a little irate when I say something like "I disconnected the internet to try something". I can tell you it ain't pretty! I'd much rather be answering to a work boss than the home boss over a network outage. :)

Mnyb
2012-11-03, 03:07
Take 2

Ok lets try .

Language > English

choose network etc .

waiting

(peeking into diagnostic indicates that has not yet found my server)

Hold left untill you get to "home"

from there choose "my music" now it auto-magically presents a "choose player menu" with my four active players :) done .

but it still not officially connected to my server ? so they key here is the presence of already active players ?

Now lets activate the player onboard the controller > settings advanced > beta features > audio playback > enable playback

Now i choose "my music" and the player "controller" (thats is not yet connected to my server)

And now there is another menu "libraries" that have two choices "mysqueezebox.com" and the LMS server itself(whatever name you have for it )

I choose my server and it conects :)

Edit:

That leave the problem of connecting the receiver

Mac address yes a reset receiver appear that way , you should have been able to continue

Mnyb
2012-11-03, 03:32
Take 3 ( a method when the auto discovery of LMS does not work )

Language > English

choose network etc .

waiting

Hold left untill you get to "home"

settings > advanced > networking > remote libraries > add new library = here you out in your servers ip number (example my server is 192.168.001.050 your is most likely something else )

here you get to library added then it bounces on connect to this library ?

"Home menu" once again now there is the Choose player menu again ! but without the library switch, just the players directly .

So there must be a player to control ,which sort of makes sense

w3wilkes
2012-11-03, 07:42
I really appreciate all the effort you've put into this! I guess I'll have to do some more playing with this when I can get some "king time" on my network. Again a huge thanks Mnyb!

Mnyb
2012-11-03, 07:51
I think we should try to accumulate as much knowledge as possible :)

Others have tried with Touch and Radio none with the duet, I just could not find my receiver I sort of know where it might be , it will resurface when I move to another apartment shortly .