PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox discontinued, how about its server?

charlotte9999
2012-11-02, 05:41
logitech-leaves-squeezebox-fans-wondering-whats-next

This article on cnet has freaked me out... My squeezebox radio is quite new and I m quite attached to it
Please someone tell me the server will be alive and kicking for more than the 3-6 months logitech seems to imply on cnet

Couldn t we simply get an upgrade to the new Radio? I hate bad investments... Please reassure me

toby10
2012-11-02, 05:45
This has been covered extensively in these forums, keep reading. ;)

Nutshell:
LMS server development continues, for how long noone knows.
SB Radio can be "upgraded" to UE Radio, but has severe limitations over your current LMS & MySB.com experience.

garym
2012-11-02, 06:24

Nutshell:
SB Radio can be "upgraded" to UE Radio, but has severe limitations over your current LMS & MySB.com experience.

and the current version of LMS largely works fine for most people (including me) and can work forever even if Logitech abandons it. You can download versions from here:

downloads.slimdevices.com

05mattjax
2012-11-02, 13:36

Nutshell:

I bought a UE Radio as an impulse buy for a family member who was impressed with my SB Radio mainly the internet radio stations. I decided to go UE because of the unknown future of SB especially as the reason of purchase is Internet radio. Now, as it was an impulse buy will all the same radio stations be available on the UE? Is the UE online service similar to mysqueezebox.com? Need to register etc?

charlotte9999
2012-11-02, 17:32
My technical skills are not sufficient....
But thanks, you all tried.... I apologize.
For the time being nothing works but as soon as it becomes a longterm issue, i ll come back for specific instructions...
Thanx again

toby10
2012-11-03, 02:58
I bought a UE Radio as an impulse buy for a family member who was impressed with my SB Radio mainly the internet radio stations. I decided to go UE because of the unknown future of SB especially as the reason of purchase is Internet radio. Now, as it was an impulse buy will all the same radio stations be available on the UE? Is the UE online service similar to mysqueezebox.com? Need to register etc?

Yes.
http://uesmartradio.com