PDA

View Full Version : How do I turn this thing off? kill 'pidof



zanbo
2004-11-13, 21:04
Jack,
It is bash...
Trying
root@JUPITER:/# find / -name slimserver.conf
root@JUPITER:/#


It seems that I don't have slimserver.conf file!
..Dan

Jack Coates
2004-11-14, 12:10
> Jack,
> It is bash...
> Trying
> root@JUPITER:/# find / -name slimserver.conf
> root@JUPITER:/#
>
>
> It seems that I don't have slimserver.conf file!
> .Dan
>

yup. Try running the slimserver manually in a terminal, then connect to
the web interface and make settings changes. If it can't write the file,
it will complain in a useful way.
--
Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
"Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for
themselves." -- Top Dog hotdog stand, Berkeley, CA

zanbo
2004-11-14, 13:21
If by "Try running the slimserver manually in a terminal, " you mean
telneting in and issuing "./slimserver.pl", thats the way it is operating.
I am able to change settings w/o any problem.

Curiously, I tried using the NetFlix plugin w/o adding the extra files that
were necessary. This crashed the slimserver. When I restarted the settings
were all there.

are you sure of the file name. It isn't "SlimServer.conf ", or
"sLimsErveR.conf", or "Slimserver.conf" or...

Thanks for your help.
-Dan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Coates" <jack (AT) monkeynoodle (DOT) org>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 12:10 PM
Subject: [slim] How do I turn this thing off? kill 'pidof


>
>> Jack,
>> It is bash...
>> Trying
>> root@JUPITER:/# find / -name slimserver.conf
>> root@JUPITER:/#
>>
>>
>> It seems that I don't have slimserver.conf file!
>> .Dan
>>
>
> yup. Try running the slimserver manually in a terminal, then connect to
> the web interface and make settings changes. If it can't write the file,
> it will complain in a useful way.
> --
> Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
> "Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for
> themselves." -- Top Dog hotdog stand, Berkeley, CA
>

Jack Coates
2004-11-14, 15:14
> If by "Try running the slimserver manually in a terminal, " you mean
> telneting in and issuing "./slimserver.pl", thats the way it is operating.
> I am able to change settings w/o any problem.
>

I thought you did have a problem, in that it isn't saving the settings? It
should be complaining that it can't write a file if it can't write a file.

> Curiously, I tried using the NetFlix plugin w/o adding the extra files
> that
> were necessary. This crashed the slimserver. When I restarted the
> settings
> were all there.
>

there's a NetFlix plugin?

> are you sure of the file name. It isn't "SlimServer.conf ", or
> "sLimsErveR.conf", or "Slimserver.conf" or...
>

As you probably noticed, I copied and pasted from my SSH session.

> Thanks for your help.
> -Dan
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jack Coates" <jack (AT) monkeynoodle (DOT) org>
> To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
> Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 12:10 PM
> Subject: [slim] How do I turn this thing off? kill 'pidof
>
>
>>
>>> Jack,
>>> It is bash...
>>> Trying
>>> root@JUPITER:/# find / -name slimserver.conf
>>> root@JUPITER:/#
>>>
>>>
>>> It seems that I don't have slimserver.conf file!
>>> .Dan
>>>
>>
>> yup. Try running the slimserver manually in a terminal, then connect to
>> the web interface and make settings changes. If it can't write the file,
>> it will complain in a useful way.
>> --
>> Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
>> "Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for
>> themselves." -- Top Dog hotdog stand, Berkeley, CA
>>
>
>

zanbo
2004-11-15, 19:17
I can change the settings, I just can't save the settings. Except when the
server crashes.
Is it writing a file, but not reading it, or maybe erasing it when the
process is killed?

Netflix plugin:
http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/plugins/NetFlix.pm
I think it only works with windows???


----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Coates" <jack (AT) monkeynoodle (DOT) org>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:14 PM
Subject: [slim] How do I turn this thing off? kill 'pidof


>
>> If by "Try running the slimserver manually in a terminal, " you mean
>> telneting in and issuing "./slimserver.pl", thats the way it is
>> operating.
>> I am able to change settings w/o any problem.
>>
>
> I thought you did have a problem, in that it isn't saving the settings? It
> should be complaining that it can't write a file if it can't write a file.
>
>> Curiously, I tried using the NetFlix plugin w/o adding the extra files
>> that
>> were necessary. This crashed the slimserver. When I restarted the
>> settings
>> were all there.
>>
>
> there's a NetFlix plugin?
>
>> are you sure of the file name. It isn't "SlimServer.conf ", or
>> "sLimsErveR.conf", or "Slimserver.conf" or...
>>
>
> As you probably noticed, I copied and pasted from my SSH session.
>
>> Thanks for your help.
>> -Dan
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Jack Coates" <jack (AT) monkeynoodle (DOT) org>
>> To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
>> Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 12:10 PM
>> Subject: [slim] How do I turn this thing off? kill 'pidof
>>
>>
>>>
>>>> Jack,
>>>> It is bash...
>>>> Trying
>>>> root@JUPITER:/# find / -name slimserver.conf
>>>> root@JUPITER:/#
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> It seems that I don't have slimserver.conf file!
>>>> .Dan
>>>>
>>>
>>> yup. Try running the slimserver manually in a terminal, then connect to
>>> the web interface and make settings changes. If it can't write the file,
>>> it will complain in a useful way.
>>> --
>>> Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
>>> "Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for
>>> themselves." -- Top Dog hotdog stand, Berkeley, CA
>>>
>>
>>