PDA

View Full Version : Register spare Touch?

nypatrick
2012-10-27, 06:20
Some time ago I purchased a new Touch as a spare in case my operating Touch failed.

Now I understand that Logitech is exiting the SB field. They say they will continue to provide mysqueezebox.com.

My question: Should I register my spare Touch with mysqueezebox.com now?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

garym
2012-10-27, 06:31
Some time ago I purchased a new Touch as a spare in case my operating Touch failed.

Now I understand that Logitech is exiting the SB field. They say they will continue to provide mysqueezebox.com.

My question: Should I register my spare Touch with mysqueezebox.com now?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

In my opinion, yes. That is what I'm doing.

cparker
2012-10-28, 08:41
Up to you, you dont need to register it for it to work locally.

ply3908
2012-10-29, 10:31
Up to you, you dont need to register it for it to work locally.

Right. You can keep it in wrapped box if you think you might want to sell it later. You will get a better price for it. But I opened mine. Did all the update and settings identical to the one I am using. Tested it out then put it back to the box.

cjfreitag
2012-10-29, 13:40
I opened my spare and registered it. Then I decided it could have a nice home in my downstairs office, so it is no longer officially a "spare." I've decided to live for today...I could get hit by a bus long before Squeezebox Apocalypse finally hits. In the meantime, now I can enjoy music streamed to 4 different areas of my house!

RonM
2012-10-29, 14:33
I opened my spare and registered it. Then I decided it could have a nice home in my downstairs office, so it is no longer officially a "spare." I've decided to live for today...I could get hit by a bus long before Squeezebox Apocalypse finally hits. In the meantime, now I can enjoy music streamed to 4 different areas of my house!

+1 to that attitude.

Ron.

nekomatic
2012-10-30, 05:03
And what's more, I now have a name for my accordion death metal band.

;)

cjfreitag
2012-10-30, 14:55
And what's more, I now have a name for my accordion death metal band.

;)

That's the first laugh I have had since our power went out yesterday. I await the first album from Squeezebox Apocalypse with eagerness!