X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tamanaco
    Watcher of the Windows build
    • Mar 2006

Failed fetching filters from MusicIP

As suggested in the thread linked below I'm starting this new thread to try and get to the source of the subject error message. I've been getting the "Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Common::__ANON__ (75) Failed fetching filters from MusicIP" error message in my log for the longest time and have not been able to figure out what's causing it. I set Filters to (NONE) in the MusicIP plugin settings, but I still get the Failed fetching message. I also could not find a setting in SugarCube for MusicIP filters and Trackstat is not enabled in SugarCube. Is there a setting in another plugin I should check or a file or something missing somewhere? I'm running the latest 7.8 LMS release with MusicIP 1.9 beta 6 on Windows 7. Btw, this issue is discussed towards the end of this old thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...IP-not-working but no resolution was posted.
  • mherger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

Can you open http://localhost:10002/api/filters in a browser? How long
    does it take (roughly)?

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• tamanaco
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mherger
      Can you open http://localhost:10002/api/filters in a browser? How long
      does it take (roughly)?

--

Michael
      Hi Michael, it takes ~5 seconds. Is there a place in the plugin where I can alter the wait interval?

Thanks...

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

> Hi Michael, it takes ~5 seconds. Is there a place in the plugin where I
        > can alter the wait interval?

Heh... the ~ might be crucial here: the timeout is hard-coded to 5s. If it
        took longer, you'd see that message...

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• tamanaco
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mherger
          > Hi Michael, it takes ~5 seconds. Is there a place in the plugin where I
          > can alter the wait interval?

Heh... the ~ might be crucial here: the timeout is hard-coded to 5s. If it
          took longer, you'd see that message...

--

Michael
          He! He!, to me "(roughly)" = ~ (After subsequent checks using a StopWatch it takes almost 2 seconds (1.72-1.82 sec to be exact... give or take a few millisecond of finger delay from the right hand pressing enter to left hand pressing the Start/Stop button on the StopWatch). Btw, this message is generated during server startup only... not while generating dynamic mixes with MusicIP or when generating mixes using the Web UI.

Comment

• Mnyb
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tamanaco
            He! He!, to me "(roughly)" = ~ (After subsequent checks using a StopWatch it takes almost 2 seconds (1.72-1.82 sec to be exact... give or take a few millisecond of finger delay from the right hand pressing enter to left hand pressing the Start/Stop button on the StopWatch). Btw, this message is generated during server startup only... not while generating dynamic mixes with MusicIP or when generating mixes using the Web UI.
            Sure that the MIP server always starts up before SS/SC/SBS/LMS basic q but you said during startup...

An experiment while the whole server is running and MIP server too, restart LMS do you get the error then ?
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
            Bedroom/Office: Boom
            Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
            Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
            iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
            (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
            server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

> An experiment while the whole server is running and MIP server too,
              > restart LMS do you get the error then ?

Yeah, I imagine that those new numbers (2s) upon repeated requests are
              faster due to some caching involved.

--

Michael
              Michael

Comment

• tamanaco
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mnyb
                An experiment while the whole server is running and MIP server too, restart LMS do you get the error then ?
                Yes, I should have been more specific. It happens during "server" startup only... and on computer reboot. Below is the full content of the log file after the server starts with MusicIP running. I'm also trying to get rid of the SuperDateTime warning message and posted about it in the appropriate 3rd party software thread. I recently reinstalled my server from scratch and I'm trying to get rid of any annoying messages in the log. The MusicIP fetching, SuperDateTime deprecated and NPRRadio Metadata messages were present in the previous install. Logging for all these is set to "error" under advanced settings.

[12-10-24 15:51:25.7034] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.0, 1350572233, Fri Oct 19 03:14:51 PDT 2012) perl 5.014001
                [12-10-24 15:52:02.8288] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1304) Warning: [15:52:02.8281] Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\P lugins\SuperDateTime\lib/Plugins/SuperDateTime/Plugin.pm line 2183.
                [12-10-24 15:52:08.4251] Plugins::NPRRadio::Metadata::init (21) Register NPR meta provider, default icon=
                [12-10-24 15:52:55.4549] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Common::__ANON__ (75) Failed fetching filters from MusicIP
                Last edited by tamanaco; 2012-10-24, 21:07.

Comment

• cparker
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mnyb
                  Sure that the MIP server always starts up before SS/SC/SBS/LMS basic q but you said during startup...

I'm with Mnyb on this one, it sounds like MIP is up after LMS. Makes no difference once they are both up but will throw the notification during startup
                  www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Comment

• tamanaco
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by cparker
                    I'm with Mnyb on this one, it sounds like MIP is up after LMS. Makes no difference once they are both up but will throw the notification during startup
                    Just to clarify... I agree that the MIP process "might" start "after" the LMS process during the computer startup (reboot). But... when I stop and then restart LMS the MIP process is still up and running, yet I still get the fetching filter message during the LMS Server processes restart. Is this what you also experience?

Comment

• lrossouw
                      • Jan 2006

Does it actually cause filters not to be available. I've seen that error as well but generally my filters are available and working.
                      Louis
                      Last.fm

Comment

Working...