PDA

View Full Version : iOS app update still doesn't work!!!

bobpenn
2012-10-17, 16:57
My iPhone 5 just updated the squeezebox app for the iPhone. Just like before, it scans for players and doesn't find any. All you have is a blank screen, just like before. Did they even test this before they released it. Comon Logitech…

Thomas8675309
2012-10-18, 14:53
My iPhone 5 just updated the squeezebox app for the iPhone. Just like before, it scans for players and doesn't find any. All you have is a blank screen, just like before. Did they even test this before they released it. Comon Logitech…

I updated this morning. It now works for me - for the first time since I updated to ios6. (It worked great under the prior ios.)

Did you try uninstalling and re-installing the app?

Cheers.

Tom

pippin
2012-10-18, 15:10
It still doesn't support the iPhone 5 format and the landscape mode (actually both orientations) are broken on iPad.
It also became slower and has very choppy scrolling on my iPad.
Artwork doesn't work with authentication on all platforms.

Jack Gilvey
2012-10-19, 07:12
Works perfectly on my 4/iOS 6 since the update. It did take a while at first to find my player, though, initially reported the same error it had been since I went to iOS 6. I considered it a good omen for continued support that they bothered to fix it. :)

bobpenn
2012-10-19, 15:05

Update: I had to delete the app from my iPhone 5. Then I redownloaded it from the app store. It worked then after I logged in again to mysqueezebox.com. Apparently it lost the login information prior?

Mnyb
2012-10-19, 22:11
Update: I had to delete the app from my iPhone 5. Then I redownloaded it from the app store. It worked then after I logged in again to mysqueezebox.com. Apparently it lost the login information prior?

Yea I read that on the oficial forum , you are supposed to uninstall the old version and redownload the new one ?

Must be one the few apps known to man that does not upgrade properly , this is one of the functions you expect from iOS and iOS apps that this should just work .

But cool that they actually informed about it and did the fix :) this as you say give hopes about the support for the old infrastructure, I also saw a minor bugfix got checked in to the 7.8 code ( not one of the community reported ones in bugzilla ).

pippin
2012-10-19, 22:41
The problem is not the update but cached information again, I suspect.