PDA

View Full Version : Original Slim Devices Owners

babi8987
2012-10-16, 04:25
now that logitech is not going to make the squeezebox products any longer, i hope that the original owners of the squeezebox would buy back the rights to continue to develop the product.
i've been an owner of a squeezebox classic for about eight years now. for the price, i think that the squeezebox is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
i have seen the squeezebox touch in operation in a very high end stereo equipment shop.
if anyone knows of or has heard of any chances that this product could be developed further by another party please respond.

thanks,
steve babin

garym
2012-10-16, 04:27
now that logitech is not going to make the squeezebox products any longer, i hope that the original owners of the squeezebox would buy back the rights to continue to develop the product.
i've been an owner of a squeezebox classic for about eight years now. for the price, i think that the squeezebox is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
i have seen the squeezebox touch in operation in a very high end stereo equipment shop.
if anyone knows of or has heard of any chances that this product could be developed further by another party please respond.

thanks,
steve babin

The poster that started this thread indicated he was interested in making an offer. The odds of original owners buying it back are said to be zero by people that know more about their situation.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96660-The-Future-of-Squeezebox-Product-Line-Up&highlight=make+offer

erland
2012-10-16, 09:31
The poster that started this thread indicated he was interested in making an offer. The odds of original owners buying it back are said to be zero by people that know more about their situation.

I would say that the chance of Logitech selling to anyone would also be pretty close to zero, so I think people should stop dreaming about a revival, it's not going to happen.

What's more likely going to happen is that someone realize that there is a need, a market and thus a potential to earn some money and based on this decide to fill the hole Logitech have left with some new more exciting products.

However, we got to give it some time, updating hardware/software to match the needs and sign necessary agreements with content providers aren't going to happen over a night. Fortunately we can keep enjoying music from our current Squeezebox devices while we wait, so it's not a major problem, I'll start to worry if we haven't seen any indication that someone is about to try to fulfill the needs within the Squeezebox market segment within a year or two.

banned for life
2012-10-20, 16:00
I would say that the chance of Logitech selling to anyone would also be pretty close to zero, so I think people should stop dreaming about a revival, it's not going to happen.

What's more likely going to happen is that someone realize that there is a need, a market and thus a potential to earn some money and based on this decide to fill the hole Logitech have left with some new more exciting products.

However, we got to give it some time, updating hardware/software to match the needs and sign necessary agreements with content providers aren't going to happen over a night. Fortunately we can keep enjoying music from our current Squeezebox devices while we wait, so it's not a major problem, I'll start to worry if we haven't seen any indication that someone is about to try to fulfill the needs within the Squeezebox market segment within a year or two.

Erland

Email the Woz

You know why this should be expanded. Your music anywhere (without cost or interference.)

BFL