PDA

View Full Version : Customising the display on Players

AndrewFG
2012-10-11, 03:30
On players with a one line display (Squeezeboxes, Transporter, Boom) you can customise the display e.g. TRACKNUM. TITLE - ARTIST - ALBUM (YEAR)

But it seems that on players with a three line display (Radio, Controller, etc.) you get three fixed lines TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM with no way to customise. And also on the WebUI and (for example) iPeng you also only get TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM.

Question: is it correct that the display on three line players and remote UIs is hardwired? Or is there some hidden way to customise it? Would it be possible to have the three lines displaying (say) TRACKNUM. TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM (YEAR) ??

MelonMonkey
2012-10-11, 06:50
The classic players have a dot matrix display, not a one line display, and can be made, through settings and/or plugins to display anything you want. The remote features a "size" button that switches between three different display modes (or layouts), but via plugins you can do anything. The web settings allows you to set your default track information and you can use variables to affect what is displayed and how. You can define various sets of information and then configure each player's output to be uniquely different from what is displayed in the web UI if you want.

AndrewFG
2012-10-12, 06:07
The classic players have a dot matrix display, not a one line display, and can be made, through settings and/or plugins to display anything you want. The remote features a "size" button that switches between three different display modes (or layouts), but via plugins you can do anything. The web settings allows you to set your default track information and you can use variables to affect what is displayed and how. You can define various sets of information and then configure each player's output to be uniquely different from what is displayed in the web UI if you want.

Thank you for this information. I know it already.

My question was if "non classic" players' displays are hard wired, of if they can be customised in the same way that you descibe for the classic players.

cparker
2012-10-12, 15:31
Hi

For the Touch, yep you can alter the display but you have to delve in there with SSH and change files manually. See my page link below to alter the buttons, I presume its possible to alter other display items as well? I've not yet found the time to dig deeper.

http://www.spicefly.com/logitech-media-server/hacking-the-touch.html

Hope its semi-helpful :)

AndrewFG
2012-10-13, 01:21
Hi
Hope its semi-helpful :)

Wow. Thank you for the info. But it seems that I have to learn a whole new programming language first... :-(