PDA

View Full Version : Controller will not find player... or this time the resetting everything didnt work

loungelizard
2012-10-09, 11:36
I have rebooted everything(in the correct order), restored everything to factory settings, connected to my home wireless network a dozen times, but the Controller just reverts to 'Scanning for Players'. I have lost sync many times before but have always managed to get SB working again. I even tried connecting the receiver directly via ethernet cable to my network.
The controller seems happy about the network health: green.
The controller wireless icon in the bottom right is white.
The receiver is currently flashing red slowly about once a second.
The controller sees my squeezebox.com...(not sure why the ip address keeps changing between 3 addresses...clue maybe)
Controller squeezebox server display is "not connected".

Pretty boring, I know as I have seen this asked many times...

How do I tell if the receiver is connected to the same network? I have one at 5 and 2.4 GHz, but I thought SB only worked at 2.4 and I only have one SSID at 2.4.

Mnyb
2012-10-09, 12:42
The reciever is in an awaiting setup status , waiting for you to configure it with your controller ( slow blinking red ).

loungelizard
2012-10-09, 14:35
Agree. But why doesn't the controller now see the receiver given the receiver is waiting to be sync'd?

loungelizard
2012-10-09, 18:06
Agree. But why doesn't the controller now see the receiver given the receiver is waiting to be sync'd?

I pulled out the ethernet cable and soon after the controller asked if I wanted to connect wirelessly or via ethernet, I selected wireless and voila, it started searching for my network.... and it worked. I was not offered this option when I reset everything however, its working now. Phew, I was this close to throwing this out. :)