PDA

View Full Version : Refurb Squeezebox Classics available

Steve Baumgarten
2012-09-21, 10:26
This is the Logitech branded and renamed Squeezebox 3. I recently picked up a spare from buy.com via a third-party seller on their site:

http://openrocket.store.buy.com/

It may just be a used model, not a refurb. However, it looks new, came with all accessories including remote and tested perfectly. Nice to have a spare, just in case something happens to my Squeezebox 2 (which has been running like a champ 24/7 for years now).

The seller is excellent and I thought I'd recommend him here as he says he has a few more, which for whatever reason are not yet listed on buy.com.

I recommend him because although there was a slight delay in shipping, once I contacted him and asked (after about 10 days), I got an immediate reply with an apology and explanation for the cause of the delay, and a choice of either canceling my order or waiting a couple more days and getting a $15 discount credited back to my credit card for my trouble. I thanked him for that -- more than I would have expected -- and it arrived 2 days later as promised.

Beyond this I can't vouch for him one way or the other, but again, my purchase experience was really great and I got what I wanted for a decent price. So as a way of thanking him I offered to post his info here to maybe help drive some more sales his way.

Here's what he sent in email:

------
Steve, thanks! I do have some in stock but they are now $169.99. But you can mention to them
that they will include a new remote (illuminated at night) it's the remote that actually came with
the Squeezebox Transporter.

If anyone is interested they can just paypal me direct at scontratto@sbcglobal.net

$169.99 (Free Shipping)

Please make sure they reference: BUY.COM Logitech Squeezebox Player + New Remote S.Fong

Steven / OpenRocket
------

I got mine for a little less than that, but I think that's still a pretty good price for anyone looking to pick up a spare for living room use or whatever and not really wanting or needing the more expensive Touch.

SBB

azinck3
2012-09-21, 10:31
This is the Logitech branded and renamed Squeezebox 3. I recently picked up a spare from buy.com via a third-party seller on their site:

http://openrocket.store.buy.com/

It may just be a used model, not a refurb. However, it looks new, came with all accessories including remote and tested perfectly. Nice to have a spare, just in case something happens to my Squeezebox 2 (which has been running like a champ 24/7 for years now).

The seller is excellent and I thought I'd recommend him here as he says he has a few more, which for whatever reason are not yet listed on buy.com.

I recommend him because although there was a slight delay in shipping, once I contacted him and asked (after about 10 days), I got an immediate reply with an apology and explanation for the cause of the delay, and a choice of either canceling my order or waiting a couple more days and getting a $15 discount credited back to my credit card for my trouble. I thanked him for that -- more than I would have expected -- and it arrived 2 days later as promised.

Beyond this I can't vouch for him one way or the other, but again, my purchase experience was really great and I got what I wanted for a decent price. So as a way of thanking him I offered to post his info here to maybe help drive some more sales his way.

Here's what he sent in email:

------
Steve, thanks! I do have some in stock but they are now $169.99. But you can mention to them
that they will include a new remote (illuminated at night) it's the remote that actually came with
the Squeezebox Transporter.

If anyone is interested they can just paypal me direct at scontratto@sbcglobal.net

$169.99 (Free Shipping)

Please make sure they reference: BUY.COM Logitech Squeezebox Player + New Remote S.Fong

Steven / OpenRocket
------

I got mine for a little less than that, but I think that's still a pretty good price for anyone looking to pick up a spare for living room use or whatever and not really wanting or needing the more expensive Touch.

SBB

Are you saying he has some more to sell despite the "sold out" note on his site?

Steve Baumgarten
2012-09-21, 10:44
> Are you saying he has some more to sell despite the "sold out" note on
> his site?

According to him, if you contact him directly. Like I said, I am simply
passing along this info. (I assume that buy.com takes a big cut of his
sale and this way he'd get to keep more, but I don't know that for sure.)

SBB

azinck3
2012-09-21, 10:48
> Are you saying he has some more to sell despite the "sold out" note on
> his site?

According to him, if you contact him directly. Like I said, I am simply
passing along this info. (I assume that buy.com takes a big cut of his
sale and this way he'd get to keep more, but I don't know that for sure.)

SBB

Got it, thanks!

Steve Baumgarten
2012-09-22, 11:42
Another update: he dropped me email today saying that he's also going to be restocking his buy.com store shortly, so anyone who is interested but unsure of dealing directly with the seller may want to keep buy.com in mind.

SBB

fphredd
2012-09-24, 06:26
Besides touchscreen, what's in the touch that's not in SB3? Thanks in advance...

azinck3
2012-09-24, 07:03
Besides touchscreen, what's in the touch that's not in SB3? Thanks in advance...

They're very different devices:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_comparison

I'm in the minority here, but I'm a huge SB3 fan and would take one over a Touch any day on account of the display, responsiveness, and user interface of the SB3.

The SB3 has excellent audio quality, but the Touch supports higher-resolution audio files and has a superior DAC. Also, the greater processing power of the Touch means it can run its own server right on the device (though that doesn't actually work that well).

bwaldron
2012-09-24, 08:29
I'm in the minority here, but I'm a huge SB3 fan and would take one over a Touch any day primarily on account of the display, responsiveness, and user interface of the SB3.

I also prefer the Classic SB to the Touch.

fphredd
2012-09-24, 14:23
They're very different devices:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_comparison

I'm in the minority here, but I'm a huge SB3 fan and would take one over a Touch any day on account of the display, responsiveness, and user interface of the SB3.

The SB3 has excellent audio quality, but the Touch supports higher-resolution audio files and has a superior DAC. Also, the greater processing power of the Touch means it can run its own server right on the device (though that doesn't actually work that well).

Most interested in digital out, then resolution...Thx!~

Mnyb
2012-09-24, 14:43
Since the invention of certain pad pod and phone apps , the native interfaces gone pretty irrelevant imho .
( with exception of logitechs own app , it is no improvement of the interface other than just being on the pad )

However SB3 is more visible over a distance and a wider angle .

And actually the stunning design of the SB3 :) it's a classic very beautifully done .

The open architecture of the Touch's software will make it more future proof , and some of third party stuff are loaded directly on the Touch ,such things are never going to happen on the old boxes , you could never make room for say a new codec or similar on those ( besides their memory is already stuffed )

Steve Baumgarten
2012-09-28, 05:44
The Squeezebox Classic is back on Buy.com for $169.95:

http://openrocket.store.buy.com/p/logitech-squeezebox-network-media-player/206671999.html

And the Radio is available for $119.95:

http://openrocket.store.buy.com/p/logitech-squeezebox-radio/212543844.html

Both are "reconditioned", and both have free shipping.

(Again, I have no connection with the seller or his store on buy.com other than being a satisified customer, just passing along some info for people looking to add to their collection.)

SBB

RonM
2012-09-28, 08:20
Refurb Classics are also on eBay, free shipping, similar price (slightly lower):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Squeezebox-Network-Ready-Music-Player-930-000009-/390425839064?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item5ae73185d8

R.

wbree
2012-10-03, 10:27
Refurb Classics are also on eBay, free shipping, similar price (slightly lower):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Squeezebox-Network-Ready-Music-Player-930-000009-/390425839064?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item5ae73185d8

R.

No shipping to the Netherlands??

epoch1970
2012-10-03, 10:34
No shipping to the Netherlands??
You can ask the seller.
Check also ebay.co.uk and ebay.de, plenty of SBs there too.

exile
2012-10-05, 11:16
i'd add that if you're in the U.S., the first place to shop for a used classic is craigslist. I've picked up 2 SB3's on there and both were gotten for less than $100 each.