PDA

View Full Version : Forseeing the future of mysb.com, squeezeboxes, etc.

garym
2012-09-09, 05:34
Over my morning coffee, perusing the latest posts, I've been thinking about all the discussions recently that focus in some manner on trying to predict future Logitech actions. Can be interesting reading of course, but I've decided to focus my "seeing the future" skills on predicting the stock market levels. Just as difficult, but the payback is better. ;-o

Cut-Throat
2012-09-09, 06:08
Over my morning coffee, perusing the latest posts, I've been thinking about all the discussions recently that focus in some manner on trying to predict future Logitech actions. Can be interesting reading of course, but I've decided to focus my "seeing the future" skills on predicting the stock market levels. Just as difficult, but the payback is better. ;-o

Nope, too hazardous to your portfolio.

erland
2012-09-09, 06:21

It goes both ways, payback is only better if your predictions are correct, the loss could be a lot larger in the stock market if your predictions are wrong. ;-)

However, I agree with your main point, trying to predict what Logitech is going to do isn't well invested time at the moment.
It's a lot better to spend the time enjoying some music on the Squeezeboxes you have already purchased :-)

garym
2012-09-09, 06:26
agree. My post was a poor attempt at sarcasm. I certainly think it would be crazy to try trade on "seeing the future" of the stock market. Just like I think it is a waste of time to try to predict Logitech's future actions. I suspect even Logitech management doesn't have more than a short-term plan regarding the future of mysqueezebox.com.

Mnyb
2012-09-09, 07:22
+1 We got almost no real info at all , speculating treads eventually starts to generate their own facts ,so good advice to not waste more energy on this until some more shreds of real info surfaces...

th00ht
2012-09-09, 07:40
agree. My post was a poor attempt at sarcasm. I certainly think it would be crazy to try trade on "seeing the future" of the stock market. Just like I think it is a waste of time to try to predict Logitech's future actions. I suspect even Logitech management doesn't have more than a short-term plan regarding the future of mysqueezebox.com.

Buy now! It can only go up, can't it?

garym
2012-09-09, 08:25
Buy now! It can only go up, can't it?

That's only real estate and Apple stock. ;-p (more sarcasm)

gruntwolla
2012-09-09, 14:53

That's easy. Put everything on Logitech stock. With their markrting expertise they're gonna sell millions of UE's ......

pallfreeman
2012-09-09, 15:50
That's easy. Put everything on Logitech stock. With their markrting expertise they're gonna sell millions of UE's ......

What's a UE?

gruntwolla
2012-09-09, 16:03
What's a UE?

http://ue.logitech.com/en-gb/smart-radios
http://ue.logitech.com/en-gb/headphones
http://ue.logitech.com/en-gb/wireless-speakers

Please tell me that was an attempt at sarcasm

castalla
2012-09-09, 16:21
I haven't tried the UE up/downgrade route ... but from what I've read & understand the UE Radio route seems a smart move by Logi. It seems they've simplified the user experience, both in terms of getting up and running and use. This just reflects the reality of the general user ecosystem - people just want to buy a box, plug it in and use it - without hours of configuration and geeky tweeking!

So far, internet radios are just too geek focussed to become a general consumer item - believe me, some users still think the FM frequency of a station has some role to play.

Of course, the enthusiasts are going to see this move as treachery ... but as long as Logi keep mysb.com running, then why complain about a new product line?

On the other hand, I do generally belong to the 'If it ain't broke, dont fix it' tendency. However, I'll recommend the UE Radio as a viable option for others wishing to switch from other internet radio services. If it works as well as the current Radio, or maybe better, then it's a runner in my book.

pallfreeman
2012-09-10, 06:17
Please tell me that was an attempt at sarcasm

Sarcastic, moi? ;)

If there's any ongoing promotion, either SB or UE, I'm not seeing it. Seems like even Martin Brennan has better marketing than Logitech for this kind of stuff.