Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ply3908
    • Jun 2010

Logitech in US Selling the Transporter SE for $999.99

Coupon Code: logi_tse_9712 (Exp 9/10). Tax in CA, CT, MA, MN, NY, WA, TN, TX
  • joad
    • Mar 2007

Good price, but they do not ship to Europe (Sweden)
    Is there anywhere in Europe to buy it for the same price?

Comment

• SBT2010
      • Sep 2010

3 year warranty - continue LMS services?

Since the Transporter has a 3 year warranty could one conclude that LMS would continue services at least 3 years after the last Transporter is sold?

Comment

• JohnB
        • Jul 2009

I thought Logitech had discontinued the Transporter a couple of years ago.

Does this mean they have discovered a cache of them in a warehouse somewhere and are clearing the stock or does it mean they are reviving the product (which, in view of recent announcements, seems barely credible).
        Allo Digione Signature (+LiFePo Batteries), Touch, Metrum Jade, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 10, iPad 4, iPeng.

Comment

• garym
          • May 2008

Originally posted by JohnB
          I thought Logitech had discontinued the Transporter a couple of years ago.

Does this mean they have discovered a cache of them in a warehouse somewhere and are clearing the stock or does it mean they are reviving the product (which, in view of recent announcements, seems barely credible).
          sort of. they've been selling this Transporter SE for a while now. It is basically leftovers from old Transporter components, but they didn't have the center large knob so they replaced it on the "SE" with a round plate to cover the hole.
          Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
          Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
          Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
          The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
          Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
          Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• castalla
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by garym
            sort of. they've been selling this Transporter SE for a while now. It is basically leftovers from old Transporter components, but they didn't have the center large knob so they replaced it on the "SE" with a round plate to cover the hole.
            How cheap - they couldn't even make the dummy plate look customised!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• JJZolx
              • Apr 2005

I think they'll be selling these things long after they've dumped their inventory of Touches and leftover Radios.

Comment

• Mnyb
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by joad
                Good price, but they do not ship to Europe (Sweden)
                Is there anywhere in Europe to buy it for the same price?
                Not what I know of , the SE is US only I think mostly due to support issues Logitech in EU or Sweden would not know what this is if a warranty case would be at hand .
                But I suppose there are grey market methods to get stuff shipped to the "wrong" market . get a friend in US to buy it for you and send it to you , but it think there is solutions a lot of other stuff is much cheaper in US ,google I think there are services set up for things like this, but there are of course risks involved .
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                Bedroom/Office: Boom
                Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• Mnyb
                  • Feb 2006

Wonder how large their inventory of transporter parts is ?

A bit cynical to build products of the spare parts , don't you think ?

In the company where I work we guarantee spares 10 years after the last unit is manufactured but they could be aviable far beyond that in some cases, if possible ( I have repaired >35yo old equipment ).
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                  Bedroom/Office: Boom
                  Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                  Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                  iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                  (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                  server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• SamS
                    • Dec 2006

Eh. I'd bite at $500, as a back up to my current TP.

Comment

• garym
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by SamS
                      Eh. I'd bite at $500, as a back up to my current TP.
                      i'd bite at $700
                      Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                      Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                      Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Ikabob
                        • Aug 2009

How good is the Transporter as far as quality sound? How much better than the Touch?

Thanks.
                        Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
                        Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
                        Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
                        Ipeng remote controller.

Comment

• Wombat
                          • Feb 2006

I wouldn´t get another one, especialy since i did read Logitech is not willing to repair any of these after warranty.
                          To bad it wasn´t cultivated further. This baby still plays nicely all stuff up to 96kHz, has an alternate roll-off filter, is able to change phase, has balanced out and some other nice gimmicks many so called high-end boxes still miss.
                          Imagine that even the DSD downloads they start to offer now here and there in theory as i understand it could be played natively with a Transporter IF its firmare was offered by a serious audio manufacturer and not a gaming mouse reseller.

To sad, really!
                          Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Comment

• garym
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Wombat
                            I wouldn´t get another one, especialy since i did read Logitech is not willing to repair any of these after warranty.
                            To bad it wasn´t cultivated further. This baby still plays nicely all stuff up to 96kHz, has an alternate roll-off filter, is able to change phase, has balanced out and some other nice gimmicks many so called high-end boxes still miss.
                            Imagine that even the DSD downloads they start to offer now here and there in theory as i understand it could be played natively with a Transporter IF its firmare was offered by a serious audio manufacturer and not a gaming mouse reseller.

To sad, really!
                            I agree. I really like my Transporter. Good DAC (preferred over the Benchmark DAC I it replaced in my main system). I like the build quality, the balanced analog outs, etc. Would I buy another. Yes, if really cheap (essentially I'd be buying a good DAC with the Squeezebox thrown in for free). But all in all, a TOUCH connected to a good DAC is probably a much better bargain these days.

Comment

• Wombat
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by garym
                              But all in all, a TOUCH connected to a good DAC is probably a much better bargain these days.
                              But this is an already dead horse, its over. I wonder myself the first time about getting some LINN hardware if my Transporter dies.
                              Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Comment

Working...