PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry pi and NAS

superpedro
2012-08-30, 07:04
Hello,

IŽve a Raspberry pi with the newes version of SqueezePlug installed. Everthing works fine - playing muisic from usb-hd ect.

My problem is now, that I want to play music located on my NAS. Is there a way to mount the NAS so that IŽll be able to find and scan it with the logitec mediaserver?

Thank4help

castalla
2012-08-30, 07:45
Hello,

IŽve a Raspberry pi with the newes version of SqueezePlug installed. Everthing works fine - playing muisic from usb-hd ect.

My problem is now, that I want to play music located on my NAS. Is there a way to mount the NAS so that IŽll be able to find and scan it with the logitec mediaserver?

Thank4help

Do you want both usb-hd AND a Nas? or just the NAS?

Your best bet is to do a complete reinstall of the squeezeplug image.

I found it best to add the mount commands after you install LMS and DO NOT use the Music Library feature in setup - I found that it added the mount address but never actually mounted. Once you have the edit done, then just reboot, and then go to the LMS settings and set the music library to /music

Edit the fstab file (it's in /etc). Add the line:

//192.168.n.n/yoursharedfoldername /music cifs guest (use the actual address of your NAS share)

here's a copy of my edit:

# This file describes how your music-library is connected to the
# SqueezePlug
#
# Your manual setting start here:
#
# For USB Fat/Fat32/Ext2/Ext3 drive edit the next line:
# /dev/sdxy /music auto rw,user,auto 0 0
#
# For USB NTFS drive edit the next line:
# /dev/sdxy /music ntfs-3g defaults,locale=en_US.utf8 0 0
#
# For NFS Connection edit the next line:
# 192.168.2.100:/raid/data/iTunes_music /music nfs defaults 0 0
#
# For Samba Client Connection edit the next line:
# //192.168.2.10/samba /music smbfs username=<username>,password=<password>
//192.168.1.1/share/usb1_1 /music cifs guest

You'll have to modify the address //whatever to match your setup. This also assumes that there's no password to access the share.

Install winSCP on your PC - it'll make editing the Pi files much easier than trying to do it using a linux editor.

Hope that helps.