PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting slimscrobbler to work



Paul Kubie
2004-11-08, 12:43
Hi guys,

Please can you help me. I can't get my music to submit to audio scrobbler.
I am using slimserver for windows 5.3.0 on XP SP2 and v0.27 of
slimscrobbler. I have followed the instructions in the readme to the
letter. The only changes I made to the scrobbler.pm file were in respect
of my audioscrobbler password and username. The Overview page of
audioscrobbler is showing: plugin id: slmv0.27 so I guess it is shaking
hands ok with audioscrobbler but no tracks are appearing.

Here is some more info on my setup in case it is relevant. I have a
dedicated Dell PC which acts as my music server. The slimserver is
installed on it. The Dell is also used for broadcasting 24/7 via its sound
card for my radio station so I never play any music via the slim server
through the Dell soundcard. I have two laptops which both stream from the
dell slimserver via winamp to their respective speakers. Also I use the
web browser on one of the laptops in 'Dell player mode' to play music
through the squeezebox unit.

I ticked the checkbox in d-cli and d-plugin but when I view the log file
in http://localhost:9000/log.txt it is empty.

Any ideas where I go from here? BTW I am not too technical so please keep
it simple for me. Thank in advance

Paul

--
http://mimaradio.com

Listen to the sweet sound of MimaRadio broadcasting electro groove, jazz
and funk live from Paris

Steve Bernard, Jr
2004-11-09, 10:08
I took this issue to the Audioscrobbler forums, and there was a system
issue yesterday that was preventing updates from getting through.
It's working for me now, though.


On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:43:35 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Please can you help me. I can't get my music to submit to audio scrobbler.
> I am using slimserver for windows 5.3.0 on XP SP2 and v0.27 of
> slimscrobbler. I have followed the instructions in the readme to the
> letter. The only changes I made to the scrobbler.pm file were in respect
> of my audioscrobbler password and username. The Overview page of
> audioscrobbler is showing: plugin id: slmv0.27 so I guess it is shaking
> hands ok with audioscrobbler but no tracks are appearing.

Paul Kubie
2004-11-09, 15:38
Thanks Steve for this. I saw they were having troubles last night over at
audioscrobbler but my problems were there when their stats graph was
showing submissions going through. I see they are back online so I will
give it till tomorrow for any backlog to clear and then see if anything
appears in my tracks played list. Fingers crossed it is their problem and
not mine. I will post back here and on the audioscrobbler forum tomorrow
if the problem persists.

cheers
perris



On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:08:19 -0500, Steve Bernard, Jr
<sbernardjr (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

> I took this issue to the Audioscrobbler forums, and there was a system
> issue yesterday that was preventing updates from getting through.
> It's working for me now, though.
>
>
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:43:35 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>
> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Please can you help me. I can't get my music to submit to audio
>> scrobbler.
>> I am using slimserver for windows 5.3.0 on XP SP2 and v0.27 of
>> slimscrobbler. I have followed the instructions in the readme to the
>> letter. The only changes I made to the scrobbler.pm file were in respect
>> of my audioscrobbler password and username. The Overview page of
>> audioscrobbler is showing: plugin id: slmv0.27 so I guess it is shaking
>> hands ok with audioscrobbler but no tracks are appearing.
>

Paul Kubie
2004-11-10, 10:04
Hi again guys,

Still not able to make submissions to audio scrobbler. They have been up
for nearly 24 hours now so I think any backlog will have cleared. Can
anyone help with this problem. Thanks a lot

Paul

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:38:16 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>
wrote:

> Thanks Steve for this. I saw they were having troubles last night over
> at audioscrobbler but my problems were there when their stats graph was
> showing submissions going through. I see they are back online so I will
> give it till tomorrow for any backlog to clear and then see if anything
> appears in my tracks played list. Fingers crossed it is their problem
> and not mine. I will post back here and on the audioscrobbler forum
> tomorrow if the problem persists.
>
> cheers
> perris
>
>
>
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:08:19 -0500, Steve Bernard, Jr
> <sbernardjr (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:
>
>> I took this issue to the Audioscrobbler forums, and there was a system
>> issue yesterday that was preventing updates from getting through.
>> It's working for me now, though.
>>
>>
>> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:43:35 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Please can you help me. I can't get my music to submit to audio
>>> scrobbler.
>>> I am using slimserver for windows 5.3.0 on XP SP2 and v0.27 of
>>> slimscrobbler. I have followed the instructions in the readme to the
>>> letter. The only changes I made to the scrobbler.pm file were in
>>> respect
>>> of my audioscrobbler password and username. The Overview page of
>>> audioscrobbler is showing: plugin id: slmv0.27 so I guess it is
>>> shaking
>>> hands ok with audioscrobbler but no tracks are appearing.
>>

kdf
2004-11-10, 10:33
Teh plugin doesn't really conform well to typical slimserver-style debugging. I
think you have to change the SCROBBLE_DEBUG value in the plugin file itself to
1 instead of 0, then restart the server and use the d_plugins debugging. After
that, you'll have piles and piles of output to sift through.

best to run from command line in order to see it all in real time, or record to
a log for later.

-kdf

Quoting Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>:

> Hi again guys,
>
> Still not able to make submissions to audio scrobbler. They have been up
> for nearly 24 hours now so I think any backlog will have cleared. Can
> anyone help with this problem. Thanks a lot
>
> Paul
>
> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:38:16 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Steve for this. I saw they were having troubles last night over
> > at audioscrobbler but my problems were there when their stats graph was
> > showing submissions going through. I see they are back online so I will
> > give it till tomorrow for any backlog to clear and then see if anything
> > appears in my tracks played list. Fingers crossed it is their problem
> > and not mine. I will post back here and on the audioscrobbler forum
> > tomorrow if the problem persists.
> >
> > cheers
> > perris
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:08:19 -0500, Steve Bernard, Jr
> > <sbernardjr (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:
> >
> >> I took this issue to the Audioscrobbler forums, and there was a system
> >> issue yesterday that was preventing updates from getting through.
> >> It's working for me now, though.
> >>
> >>
> >> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:43:35 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>
> >> wrote:
> >>> Hi guys,
> >>>
> >>> Please can you help me. I can't get my music to submit to audio
> >>> scrobbler.
> >>> I am using slimserver for windows 5.3.0 on XP SP2 and v0.27 of
> >>> slimscrobbler. I have followed the instructions in the readme to the
> >>> letter. The only changes I made to the scrobbler.pm file were in
> >>> respect
> >>> of my audioscrobbler password and username. The Overview page of
> >>> audioscrobbler is showing: plugin id: slmv0.27 so I guess it is
> >>> shaking
> >>> hands ok with audioscrobbler but no tracks are appearing.
> >>

Paul Kubie
2004-11-10, 16:59
Thanks kdf,

Got the debugging going now. There seems to be a problem in that a file
called headparser.pm is missing. Any suggestions on where I might find
this file and where to put it. Here is the relevant part of the log.
Please check through in case I missed something else. Thanks in advance.

Paul

extract:

2004-11-11 00:33:51.8165 Open command [DELL (00:04:20:05:2d:34)]
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8166 *----------------------------
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8208 =======================================
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8209 Starting to time "Thievery Corporation - Heaven's
Gonna Burn Your Eyes (from The Richest Man in Babylon)"
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8212 ======= showCurrentVariables() ========
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8214 Artist: Thievery Corporation
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8215 Track: Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8216 Album: The Richest Man in Babylon
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8218 Original Filename:
file:///E:/My%20Music/Downbeat/Thievery%20Corporation/The%20Richest%20Man%20in%20Babylon/01%20Heaven's%20Gonna%20Burn%20Your%20Eyes.wma
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8219 Duration in seconds: 250.36
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8232 Time showing on stopwatch: 0.002412
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8234 Is power on? : true
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8235 Is song playback paused? : false
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8236 Are we currently timing? : true
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8237 Pending song file:
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt"
2004-11-11 00:33:51.8268 Pending file
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt" exists, reading..
2004-11-11 00:33:51.9374 Found 151 songs pending to submit..
2004-11-11 00:33:51.9376 Pending submissions / Max : 151 / 1
2004-11-11 00:33:51.9379 Interval Countdown remaining / elapsed / original
: 0 / 0 / 0
2004-11-11 00:33:51.9380 =======================================
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4071 *----------------------------
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4073 Open command [DELL (00:04:20:05:2d:34)]
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4074 *----------------------------
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4077 Stopping Thievery Corporation - Heaven's Gonna
Burn Your Eyes
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4078 Total elapsed time in seconds: 247.586858
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4092 Time actually played in track: 247.586858
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4094 Current play threshold is 50%.
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4095 Minimum play time is 5 seconds.
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4097 Time play threshold is 120 seconds.
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4108 Percentage play threshold calculation:
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4111 0.5 * 250.36 = 125.18
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4112 "Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes" was played long
enough to count as played.
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4114 Played past percentage threshold of 125.18
seconds.
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4115 Track was played long enough to count as listen
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4117 ==logTrackToAudioScrobblerAsPlayed()
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4119 Pending song file:
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt"
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4153 Pending file
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt" exists, reading..
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4202 Found 151 songs pending to submit..
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4212 Writing song entry to
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt"...
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4484 Pending song file:
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt"
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4546 Pending file
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt" exists, reading..
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4696 Found 152 songs pending to submit..
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4699 It IS time to submit!
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4700 About to attempt submit to Audioscrobbler..
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4701 ==attemptToSubmitToAudioScrobbler()
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4702 Pending song file:
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt"
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4752 Pending file
"C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\PendingSongList_00_04_20_05_2d_34. txt" exists, reading..
2004-11-11 00:37:59.4809 Found 152 songs pending to submit..
2004-11-11 00:37:59.5119 ==doHandshake()
2004-11-11 00:37:59.5123 ==submitHandshake()
2004-11-11 00:37:59.5130 Requesting GET on URL:
http://post.audioscrobbler.com/?hs=true&p=1.1&c=slm&v=0.27&u=perris
2004-11-11 00:38:00.7934 AudioScrobbler HTTP Error: 500 Can't locate
HTML/HeadParser.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:\Program
Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins C:\Program
Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins\SlimScrobbleSuppor t C:\Program
Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins C:/Program Files/SlimServer/server
C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN C:\Program
Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN\arch\5.8.3\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN\arch\5.8\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN\arch\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server)
2004-11-11 00:38:00.7941
2004-11-11 00:38:00.7943 ==handshakeWasGood()
2004-11-11 00:38:00.7945 ==parseHandshakeResultAndGetPostURL()
2004-11-11 00:38:00.7946 AudioScrobbler HTTP Error: Couldn't find URL in
GET response!
2004-11-11 00:38:00.7954 Setting interval after handshake or submit
failure: 1800
2004-11-11 00:38:00.7971 =======================================


On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:33:53 -0800, kdf <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
wrote:

> Teh plugin doesn't really conform well to typical slimserver-style
> debugging. I
> think you have to change the SCROBBLE_DEBUG value in the plugin file
> itself to
> 1 instead of 0, then restart the server and use the d_plugins
> debugging. After
> that, you'll have piles and piles of output to sift through.
>
> best to run from command line in order to see it all in real time, or
> record to
> a log for later.
>
> -kdf
>
> Quoting Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>:
>
>> Hi again guys,
>>
>> Still not able to make submissions to audio scrobbler. They have been up
>> for nearly 24 hours now so I think any backlog will have cleared. Can
>> anyone help with this problem. Thanks a lot
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:38:16 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks Steve for this. I saw they were having troubles last night over
>> > at audioscrobbler but my problems were there when their stats graph
>> was
>> > showing submissions going through. I see they are back online so I
>> will
>> > give it till tomorrow for any backlog to clear and then see if
>> anything
>> > appears in my tracks played list. Fingers crossed it is their problem
>> > and not mine. I will post back here and on the audioscrobbler forum
>> > tomorrow if the problem persists.
>> >
>> > cheers
>> > perris
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:08:19 -0500, Steve Bernard, Jr
>> > <sbernardjr (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> I took this issue to the Audioscrobbler forums, and there was a
>> system
>> >> issue yesterday that was preventing updates from getting through.
>> >> It's working for me now, though.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:43:35 +0100, Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>> Hi guys,
>> >>>
>> >>> Please can you help me. I can't get my music to submit to audio
>> >>> scrobbler.
>> >>> I am using slimserver for windows 5.3.0 on XP SP2 and v0.27 of
>> >>> slimscrobbler. I have followed the instructions in the readme to the
>> >>> letter. The only changes I made to the scrobbler.pm file were in
>> >>> respect
>> >>> of my audioscrobbler password and username. The Overview page of
>> >>> audioscrobbler is showing: plugin id: slmv0.27 so I guess it is
>> >>> shaking
>> >>> hands ok with audioscrobbler but no tracks are appearing.
>> >>

kdf
2004-11-10, 17:38
Quoting Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>:

> Thanks kdf,
>
> Got the debugging going now. There seems to be a problem in that a file
> called headparser.pm is missing. Any suggestions on where I might find
> this file and where to put it. Here is the relevant part of the log.
> Please check through in case I missed something else. Thanks in advance.
>
> Paul

seems likely it should already be in here:
C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins\SlimScrobbleSuppor t

if not, then you should go back to where you downloaded the plugin originally
and make sure you have the right package, and that you have extracted it
correctly to the proper locations. It coudl be that you forgot to check "use
folder names" when you unzipped the archive.

-kdf

Paul Kubie
2004-11-10, 18:07
Hi,

I downloaded it from here:

http://slimscrobbler.sourceforge.net/

I just did it again and extracted all files using XP native extracter -
there is no html folder or headparser.pm file.

I suspect this plugin is incomplete for windows. Is anyone running this
succesfully on a windows setup with 5.3.0 windows exe slimserver I wonder.

I found this on the audioscrobbler forum:

"Ok, the error messages given in the log file is quite easy to understand.
The Server fails to find some modules needed to parse the HTML request
header returned from AS server.

If you have perl installed on your windows machine there's all you need
already there.

Make a directory "HTML" in the SlimScrobbleSupport dir.
Copy file "HeadParser.pm" and "Parser.pm" from Perl/site/lib/HTML to the
new directory.

Make a directory "auto" in the SlimScrobbleSupport dir
and a subdirectory "HTML".
Copy directories "Parser" and "TagSet" from
Perl/site/auto/HTML to the new HTML subdirectroy.

Now it should work.
Sorry, don't know if these modules are in the standard distrib of perl.
Perhaps someone else can clarify this"

Sadly I dont have perl on my windows machine and I don't know exactly what
it is he is referring to - is it active perl that I should install with
the MSI installer from here:

http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl

or is it some slimserver perl code he is referring to. I have no
knowledge of perl I am afraid and would appreciate some step by step help
if possible.

Thanks a lot
Paul

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:38:15 -0800, kdf <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
wrote:

> Quoting Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>:
>
>> Thanks kdf,
>>
>> Got the debugging going now. There seems to be a problem in that a file
>> called headparser.pm is missing. Any suggestions on where I might find
>> this file and where to put it. Here is the relevant part of the log.
>> Please check through in case I missed something else. Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Paul
>
> seems likely it should already be in here:
> C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins\SlimScrobbleSuppor t
>
> if not, then you should go back to where you downloaded the plugin
> originally
> and make sure you have the right package, and that you have extracted it
> correctly to the proper locations. It coudl be that you forgot to check
> "use
> folder names" when you unzipped the archive.
>
> -kdf
>

kdf
2004-11-10, 18:39
Quoting Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>:


> Sorry, don't know if these modules are in the standard distrib of perl.
> Perhaps someone else can clarify this"
>
> Sadly I dont have perl on my windows machine and I don't know exactly what
> it is he is referring to - is it active perl that I should install with
> the MSI installer from here:
>
> http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl
>
> or is it some slimserver perl code he is referring to. I have no
> knowledge of perl I am afraid and would appreciate some step by step help
> if possible.

activePerl is what you need. download from the link you've already found above
and install it. Then follow the setp-by-step instructions that you already
found from the scrobbler forum.

SlimScrobbleSupport dir =
C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins\SlimScrobbleSuppor t


-kdf

Paul Kubie
2004-11-11, 19:08
Got it working I think. As the audioscrobbler Profile Editor is offline it
is hard to tell to what extent but my overview page is now showing recent
tracks and 180 tracks played. There is still nothing in top artists or top
tracks.

Thanks to KDF for all his help and also to archivist in the audioscrobbler
forum.

To make the plug-in windows friendly I installed ActivePerl for Windows
from here:

http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl

and then followed the Archivists instructions from this post to the letter:

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/forum/37/_/8753

Now it works ;-)

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:39:57 -0800, kdf <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
wrote:

> Quoting Paul Kubie <paulkubie (AT) tiscali (DOT) fr>:
>
>
>> Sorry, don't know if these modules are in the standard distrib of perl.
>> Perhaps someone else can clarify this"
>>
>> Sadly I dont have perl on my windows machine and I don't know exactly
>> what
>> it is he is referring to - is it active perl that I should install with
>> the MSI installer from here:
>>
>> http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl
>>
>> or is it some slimserver perl code he is referring to. I have no
>> knowledge of perl I am afraid and would appreciate some step by step
>> help
>> if possible.
>
> activePerl is what you need. download from the link you've already
> found above
> and install it. Then follow the setp-by-step instructions that you
> already
> found from the scrobbler forum.
>
> SlimScrobbleSupport dir =
> C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Plugins\SlimScrobbleSuppor t
>
>
> -kdf
>