PDA

View Full Version : Recently Played List

Stoker
2012-08-24, 07:22
Hi

Is it possible to get Logitech Media server to keep a list of recently played albums so that they can easily be played again.

When I used to use CDs I would keep CDs that I'd just played on a shelf near the player and when the shelf got full (maybe 10 CDs) I'd put some of the items that had been on the shelf the longest back into the main CD rack. I'd like to be able to mimic something similar to this but from the My Music area of the server.

Is there a plug-in maybe

Cheers

pallfreeman
2012-08-24, 07:54
Probably not quite close enough to what you want, but I'll suggest it anyway: scrobble your played tracks to last.fm.

aubuti
2012-08-24, 08:00
The excellent PlayLog plugin will keep track of everything played. I don't recall how easy it is to go from its log to playing the tracks/albums again.

erland
2012-08-24, 10:33
The excellent PlayLog plugin will keep track of everything played. I don't recall how easy it is to go from its log to playing the tracks/albums again.

It's very easy to do it with the excellent PlayLog plugin if you are happy using the SBS/LMS web interface to do it. PlayLog produce a list of tracks which you can view in the SBS/LMS web interface and for each track you get a play link. Except for a play link for the track you also get a link for the artist and album which you can click on to goto the search page to search for it in the local library and then hit play in the search result.

If you need to access recently played songs from a remote control or do more advanced browsing of recently played songs, you will currently need the commercial TrackStat plugin which provides a browse menu for "Last played" (songs, artists, album) in all Squeezebox control interfaces, except for last played music it also provides a lot of other statistics based browse menus.