PDA

View Full Version : Image Viewer from Web Server Help



05mattjax
2012-08-17, 01:45
Hi. I have set up my readynas as a web server. I have also created a list of URLs for my pictures and saved them in a HTML file. I've dragged and dropped this file into the share where the web server directs to. Now on my pc if I open up a web browser and type in the ip address of said web server share it opens up my list of http:// files nicely but when I enter the same ip address into my touch I get errors like 'unknown image format'

Any help please as this is driving me crazy.

What file format do I need is it HTML or a text file or a playlist (m3u) or even a list (lst) all of them are mentioned on forums but none of them work. Also if I don't use a HTML format (and call it 'index') when I type the ip address of web server share in my pc web browser of goes to an 'index of' page with a link to the share and not STRAIGHT to the share which might be an issue.

Help please.....

mherger
2012-08-17, 01:54
> What file format do I need is it HTML or a text file or a playlist (m3u)
> or even a list (lst) all of them are mentioned on forums but none of
> them work.

It's a simple list of urls. No html. See the default list:
http://www.mysqueezebox.com/static/images/imageviewer/sbtouch.lst

--

Michael

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 02:01
Thanks, just to clarify, do you just drag and drop the whole URL list into the share folder?

mherger
2012-08-17, 02:06
> Thanks, just to clarify, do you just drag and drop the whole URL list
> into the share folder?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean. You need to do whatever to make the
list available through http://yourserver/some/folder/image.lst. Whether
this is a share folder or other I don't know.

--

Michael

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 02:23
I feel out of my depth here so would appreciate your input further please. What I have done so far:

On my pc I created a new text document and copied the http:// jpeg files (the default ones on squeezebox) into the text document and saved. I then drag and drop this .txt file containing all URLs into the Web Servers share folder. Is this correct?

When I access this share folder on my pc (by a browser entering the ip address of my nas) I'm directed to an 'index of' screen with a link to the .txt file. Click on the link and all the jpeg are there in list order.

Entering the ip address of the nas into the image viewer settings on the touch chucks out an error similar to 'invalid image file'

All the touch needs is the nas ip address as the nas is set up to redirect to the web server share folder when accessing over http. But currently it'll be going to the 'index of' screen I assume?

Is there anything else I can try?

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 03:10
When you say list do you mean the urls need to be in a list file .lst? Thanks.

Matt

mherger
2012-08-17, 04:30
> When I access this share folder on my pc (by a browser entering the ip
> address of my nas) I'm directed to an 'index of' screen with a link to
> the .txt file. Click on the link and all the jpeg are there in list
> order.

Ok, now look at your browser's address field: that's the url you have to
enter on your touch.

> Entering the ip address of the nas into the image viewer settings on the
> touch chucks out an error similar to 'invalid image file'

You need to enter the full url as shown in your browser's URL field.

--

Michael

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 05:40
Just tried and I get invalid image object when I put in the URL. If I put the URL without the http:// at the start so start with the ip address I get the error several attempts at reading/creating the image list failed. Check Image Viewer settings. No luck. Any further advice please?

mherger
2012-08-17, 05:45
Please copy the url from your browser to this thread.

--

Michael

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 06:18
192.168.1.68/Website/images.lst

mherger
2012-08-17, 06:28
> 192.168.1.68/Website/images.lst

I bet there's http:// in front of it, and then it should be good. Unless
that list is malformed. Would you mind sharing it (or some lines of it)
with us?

--

Michael

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 06:35
If this is of any interest or indeed related, since 'playing' with these settings I can no longer access the shares on the readynas via the raidar software (I get a 'windows cannot access //192.168.1.68...... error). But I can access them via the Windows/Network.

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 06:46
I haven't configured the web server for external use yet so you can't access it. I get a different error when I add http:// at the start of the URL. The file just contains the list of images you posted on this thread so I can't believe this is proving so difficult! Extremely frustrating....

05mattjax
2012-08-17, 11:14
I think I know why it's not working. I believe my nas is not powerful enough to load the pictures and the error 'several attempts at reading/creating the image list failed' is because the nas is not quick enough to supply the image. I know this because I installed photo plugin on squeezebox server and I get the same error when trying to view an image on the Touch. Does this seam reasonable? The nas is a Duo. Matt

toby10
2012-08-18, 02:21
I think I know why it's not working. I believe my nas is not powerful enough to load the pictures and the error 'several attempts at reading/creating the image list failed' is because the nas is not quick enough to supply the image. I know this because I installed photo plugin on squeezebox server and I get the same error when trying to view an image on the Touch. Does this seam reasonable? The nas is a Duo. Matt

Simple test.... install LMS on a PC/Mac, point LMS to a picture folder, scan, connect Touch to that instance of LMS, see if pictures display properly.

05mattjax
2012-08-18, 10:16
The test worked so the nas is to blame. I'll knock it on the head as not changing Nas.