PDA

View Full Version : Must be daft, can't get squeeze pad to work on my iPad

Thadmcbride
2012-07-28, 22:50
I've downloaded 3 apps and have read many many how too's to get this to work on my iPad and still can't get the normal squeeze box menus to show. Anyone willing to help fix my problem?

bluegaspode
2012-07-29, 00:07
Hi Thadmcbride,

could you be a little bit more specific?

Are you using mysqueezebox.com or do you operate your own server (and if so, what version of the Squeezebox server is running there).
What did you try so far: does SqueezePad already show you the players list at least and just the main menu is missing, or do you see a red windows telling you about connection problems?

Kind Regards
Stefan

pippin
2012-07-29, 04:17
Is your iPad connected to the WiFi network?

Thadmcbride
2012-07-29, 11:53
Well for starters, I downloaded the Squeezepad app as well as the Squeezepbox app from the iTunes store so I assume they are both are the most resent versions.

For the Squeezepad app, my only option on startup is "MySB.com Registration". From there I get the option to "Create an account" or "I already have an account". I have an account so I enter my email and password. The only option I get is "Continue" which takes me no where. My screen also says "No players available" on top. In settings I am using MySqueezebox.com

For the Squeezebox app, when I log in, it tells me to choose a player. Then below it says "Your player was not found. Make sure that your player is plugged in and available on the network." For some reason I don't think this is the correct app.

There are no connection problems and my iPad is connected to the internets

I greatly appreciate your help and time

garym
2012-07-29, 12:07
Well for starters, I downloaded the Squeezepad app as well as the Squeezepbox app from the iTunes store so I assume they are both are the most resent versions.

For the Squeezepad app, my only option on startup is "MySB.com Registration". From there I get the option to "Create an account" or "I already have an account". I have an account so I enter my email and password. The only option I get is "Continue" which takes me no where. My screen also says "No players available" on top. In settings I am using MySqueezebox.com

For the Squeezebox app, when I log in, it tells me to choose a player. Then below it says "Your player was not found. Make sure that your player is plugged in and available on the network." For some reason I don't think this is the correct app.

There are no connection problems and my iPad is connected to the internets

I greatly appreciate your help and time

I know you say your ipad is connected to the internet, but as pippin asked earlier, is the ipad connected via WIFI to the same local network where your players are? an ipad can connect to the internet with 3G as well, but you must be on local LAN via wifi to connect with your players.

regarding no players available, are you running LMS on a local computer at your location? and if so, are the players connected to that LMS? If so, on squeezepad, click on tools icon lower right, and go to settings and make sure you are connecting to the music library on your local LMS rather than mysqueezebox.com