PDA

View Full Version : No Squeezebox Server Found Error

Chris0312
2012-07-06, 14:42
Hello! Well, now I've gone and done it. I finally got a smartphone and was trying to enable WPA2 security so I can connect my phone to the internets via Wi-Fi. Anyway...After messing with that for a few minutes I noticed my Squeezebox V3 had lost its wireless connection to my Linksys E2000 router.

I restored my original router settings, I've tried resetting factory defaults on the SB3 (holding down "ADD" key) and resetting the xilinx (holding down 1 key) but still get the "No Squeezebox Server Found" error when I try to connect the SB3 to the router. LMS is running but cannot find the player.

Just to make things interesting I'm also running McAfee Antivirus Plus v.11 which includes ViruScan v.15, Site Advisor and is also acting as my firewall (McAfee Personal Firewall v.12). I went through all the network and internet connections for programs and double checked that everything associated with LogiTech had full incoming and outgoing permissions. I tried manually entering the IP address of the LMS server at the SB3 setup but still the same "No Squeezebox...etc." I've rebooted everything a couple of times but, no go.

What am I missing? Help! My music is trapped!

Running LMS 7.7.2 on a ThinkPad with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and all my music resides on a USB drive which is connected through a docking station to the ThinkPad. This setup has been working fine for years

toby10
2012-07-07, 04:21
Try rebooting the router? Is the computer hosting LMS getting a different IP than it was with the old router?
Did it work before with all of the same anti-virus & firewall? Tried disabling both then reboot LMS to see if it then connects?

Chris0312
2012-07-07, 07:52
Try rebooting the router? Is the computer hosting LMS getting a different IP than it was with the old router?
Did it work before with all of the same anti-virus & firewall? Tried disabling both then reboot LMS to see if it then connects?

Thanks for the reply and yes, I believe the Thinkpad did get a different IP after I rebooted everything. It finally dawned on me that I'd installed a network switch a few months ago for my Blu-ray player which is in the same general area as my SB3. I gave up on the wireless and just ran a CAT5 directly to the SB3. Re-ran the setup and everything is working fine now. Thanks again for the effort.