Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audio53
    • May 2006

Does Logitech iPod app work with wire?

I am frustrated with iPeng. Sometimes it works great, but lately it keeps telling me "No Server Found". So, I downloaded Logitech's iPod app. It sees my radio fine (my Radio is on WiFi). It doesn't see my Touch (which is wired.) Does the Logitech app only work with SB devices that are connected via WiFi? Thanks.
    Regards,
    Bob

FLAC->SB Touch (wired)->PS Audio DLIII DAC->Yamaha RX-595->Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.5.
    Music files are stored on a Synology NAS.
  • garym
    • May 2008

Originally posted by audio53
    I am frustrated with iPeng. Sometimes it works great, but lately it keeps telling me "No Server Found". So, I downloaded Logitech's iPod app. It sees my radio fine (my Radio is on WiFi). It doesn't see my Touch (which is wired.) Does the Logitech app only work with SB devices that are connected via WiFi? Thanks.
    No, it works with wired and wifi. But if ipeng is not working either I suspect a different problem somewhere in your setup.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• pippin
      • Oct 2007

I'm pretty sure iPeng is at least as reliable as the Logitech App in finding your device on the network, at least if you've registered it with MySqueezebox.com (iPeng doesn't force you to do that but it's a single click on "MySqueezebox.com" under Music Sources; without this, it can't see players connected directly to MySqueezebox.com).

I suspect that the problem will be that your SB is not connected to a server at all (or the server is not running) in which case none of the Apps will find it.

This has nothing to do with how the SB is connected, the Apps never have to talk to the SBs directly, only ever to the server (the only exception being Players shown as "unconnected" in iPeng)
      Last edited by pippin; 2012-06-21, 07:00.
      ---
      learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
      Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
      at penguinlovesmusic.com
      New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• epoch1970
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by audio53
        It sees my radio fine (my Radio is on WiFi). It doesn't see my Touch (which is wired.)
        It looks like your wifi devices and wired devices are on 2 different networks. You're using 2 LANs instead of a single one. I would check the wifi router/AP settings.
        Or perhaps you're using a "guest network", and your wifi devices are connected to this limited WLAN instead of the "real" LAN. In this case you should try connecting the devices to the right WLAN.
        (also make sure "wifi client isolation" -i.e. the per-device guest network security concept- stays disabled.)
        2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Comment

• pippin
          • Oct 2007

The guest network thing might be correct but my guess would be that it's only true for the iPod.
          My guess is that the Radio is connected to MySqueezebox.com (then you can see it even from a guest network) while the Touch is connected to a server which is either down or unreachable from the iPod.

Remember: it doesn't matter what the SBs are connected to, controllers always only connect to the servers.

I might be able to help for iPeng if the OP would send me a service email from within iPeng (mail link under "Help").
          ---
          learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
          Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
          at penguinlovesmusic.com
          New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

Working...