PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Transporte​r , Ethernet connection issue.

Rino21
2012-06-13, 14:03
Hello,

I have a new transporter device,

I have a problem to connect it to the network via Ethernet,
With WiFi its working well,
The error is that it can't find a DHCP server,
I have also tried to put manual IP address but still it doesn't work,

I have replaced router , switch and also disconnected all devices from the network, as a tech representative told me that sometime it could be due to many devices on the network....
Does anyone has an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks,

ply3908
2012-06-14, 13:58
Could be the network port on the transporter is bad. Call Logitech support. If they can't figure out, they will replace it.

Rino21
2012-06-14, 14:38
This is exactly what I thought,

I was all day with Logitech EMEA support when they finally decided the device is defective but they refuse to replace it,
The reason is that according to the S/N the device is from 2008 which make sense if this device is not manufacture anymore,

I was told from other Logitech representative (US) that warranty is valid from the moment of purchasing,

I have purchased it last week and the seller even sent me a the order details that he purchased this directly from Logitech just last month,

I really don’t understand this service,
In the past Logitech EMEA replaced for me a defective DUET and harmony remote and it was a very good service,
But now , they just trying to ignore this,
I have also send they proof of purchasing and any other detail showing that this is a genuine Logitech product,

It there any Logitech representative in this forum who can assist me with this?

Any advise of how to continue from here?

Thanks,

garym
2012-06-14, 15:28
This is exactly what I thought,

I was all day with Logitech EMEA support when they finally decided the device is defective but they refuse to replace it,
The reason is that according to the S/N the device is from 2008 which make sense if this device is not manufacture anymore,

I was told from other Logitech representative (US) that warranty is valid from the moment of purchasing,

I have purchased it last week and the seller even sent me a the order details that he purchased this directly from Logitech just last month,

I really don’t understand this service,
In the past Logitech EMEA replaced for me a defective DUET and harmony remote and it was a very good service,
But now , they just trying to ignore this,
I have also send they proof of purchasing and any other detail showing that this is a genuine Logitech product,

It there any Logitech representative in this forum who can assist me with this?

Any advise of how to continue from here?

Thanks,

no logitech folks here....but I see you've posted this also at the other forum (where there are logitech employees). Good luck.

p.s. If you bought this last week from another seller (not logitech), why not just return it to that seller given that the unit is not functional. Is that not possible?

Rino21
2012-06-14, 15:41
no logitech folks here....but I see you've posted this also at the other forum (where there are logitech employees). Good luck.

p.s. If you bought this last week from another seller (not logitech), why not just return it to that seller given that the unit is not functional. Is that not possible?

I bought this in the US and i live in Israel and i have never had a problem to get support from Logitech EMEA,
would be easier if they send me a new device and i send back the defective,

Base on my experiance with Logitech worldwide service so far i tought it would be easier.....

If the device us under warranty i dont see any reason why they cant help me,

garym
2012-06-14, 15:44
I bought this in the US and i live in Israel and i have never had a problem to get support from Logitech EMEA,
would be easier if they send me a new device and i send back the defective,

Base on my experiance with Logitech worldwide service so far i tought it would be easier.....

If the device us under warranty i dont see any reason why they cant help me,

agree, if under warranty, they should help you....seems like the issue is that they are saying this is not actually under warranty (as a 2008 item). So the proof from your seller that they bought this in the last year FROM LOGITECH is the key to getting Logitech to help...

Rino21
2012-06-14, 15:53
agree, if under warranty, they should help you....seems like the issue is that they are saying this is not actually under warranty (as a 2008 item). So the proof from your seller that they bought this in the last year FROM LOGITECH is the key to getting Logitech to help...

Yes , i got all the documents , i just need someone reasonable at Logitach to see this and make a decision,

michel
2012-06-15, 09:27
Did you change Ethernet cable? Did you perform a xilinx reset? I would try that first. I doubt Logitech is able to repair or exchange your unit because they are out of stock. Only thing they would do is offer a SB touch, which is ridiculous (not the touch itself is ridiculous but the idea of replacing a transporter with it :) ).

Rino21
2012-06-15, 11:44
Did you change Ethernet cable? Did you perform a xilinx reset? I would try that first. I doubt Logitech is able to repair or exchange your unit because they are out of stock. Only thing they would do is offer a SB touch, which is ridiculous (not the touch itself is ridiculous but the idea of replacing a transporter with it :) ).

Thansks.

Yes i have tried all possible options , cables, routers , switches…
And all reset options available Xilinx and factory,

The Link is on , and also the transporter alerts when I pull out the cable, but with static ip it can’t communicate with the network,

It will be very bad if Logitech doesn’t have any replacement,
How come they are still offering this for sale if they out of stock?

Mnyb
2012-06-16, 06:24
They are not for sale anymore , they been discontinued for a long time, later there was a short run of transporter-SE without the transnav knob ,these where never offered in emea and was US only .

So there migth not even exist replacement units at all .

garym
2012-06-16, 06:34
They are not for sale anymore , they been discontinued for a long time, later there was a short run of transporter-SE without the transnav knob ,these where never offered in emea and was US only .

and I'm still not 100% convinced that the problem doesn't lie in the DHCP/static IP address setup. Seems the transporter is seeing the internet, seeing the router, etc. Although it is possible there is some hardware problem, it sure sounds like an IP address issue. I recall that your router has a 192.168.120.1 address. This seems odd as well, as I've never seen a router that wasn't 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. The "120" in yours leads me to believe that there may be something special/different about your network setup. Anyhow, worth exploring in more detail....

edit. for example, can you simply take the transporter to a friends house that has a simple network and plug it in to their router with an ethernet cable, and see if you can connect????

Rino21
2012-06-16, 07:59
and I'm still not 100% convinced that the problem doesn't lie in the DHCP/static IP address setup. Seems the transporter is seeing the internet, seeing the router, etc. Although it is possible there is some hardware problem, it sure sounds like an IP address issue. I recall that your router has a 192.168.120.1 address. This seems odd as well, as I've never seen a router that wasn't 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. The "120" in yours leads me to believe that there may be something special/different about your network setup. Anyhow, worth exploring in more detail....

edit. for example, can you simply take the transporter to a friends house that has a simple network and plug it in to their router with an ethernet cable, and see if you can connect????

My network is working well with the 192.168.120.0/24 address space,
I have just modified the router from its default configuration which is 10.0.0.1,

The transporter is working well using wireless with this address space and able to get a DHCP ip address,
Both my SB DUET and SB Classic are getting ip address on this network with their Ethernet ports,

So how come the transporter cant?

I have also took a brand new DLINK router and set it to default (10.0.0.0/24 addresses) and plug the Transporter directly to it and nothing,
With my laptop I could get a DHCP address,

Next thing I am going to try is a cross cable between the transporter and my laptop , I wonder if that will work…..

Thanks,

Rino21
2012-06-16, 08:02

If the transporter is out of stock and not for sale anymore why do they keep offering this for sale:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/wireless-music-systems/transporter-se

garym
2012-06-16, 08:11
My network is working well with the 192.168.120.0/24 address space,
I have just modified the router from its default configuration which is 10.0.0.1,

The transporter is working well using wireless with this address space and able to get a DHCP ip address,
Both my SB DUET and SB Classic are getting ip address on this network with their Ethernet ports,

So how come the transporter cant?

I have also took a brand new DLINK router and set it to default (10.0.0.0/24 addresses) and plug the Transporter directly to it and nothing,
With my laptop I could get a DHCP address,

Next thing I am going to try is a cross cable between the transporter and my laptop , I wonder if that will work…..

Thanks,

hmmm. The issue may not be in the router, etc. but maybe in something related to the Transporter and its ability to get the IP address. I'm not expert on this, but 10.0.0.1 also seems a very odd local network IP for a router. I think I know you've tried this, but just to be sure, you've done a factory reset on the transporter and NOT done a static IP address, instead letting it try to get a DHCP provided IP address while connected to ethernet?

toby10
2012-06-17, 02:24
This whole situation is just plain odd....

- Transporters with TransNav knobs have not been sold by Logitech for years, yet your seller claims he purchased it new in the last 12 months
a) was this purchased directly from Logitech?
b) S/N reflects a 2008 build (which makes sense if it has a TransNav knob)
c) does the original owners receipt show the S/N of your unit?
d) sure the seller is not pulling a fast one? Maybe he purchased a new (but different) unit last year to replace your defective unit and this 2nd/newer unit is the "receipt" he is presenting to you?

- Warranty (assuming unit was actually purchased in last 12 months)
a) is the warranty transferable to a new owner?
b) Warranty Region: if your unit was made for the US market it may not be a valid warranty outside of it's original intended market? I know mfr's can/may/do refuse warranty requests on electronics they consider "grey market" (purchased new outside of it's intended market)

- Network settings look really whacked
a) tried setting it up (after full Factory Reset) on a different home network? Friend? Neighbor?

I agree with Gary, if it is truly not a functioning unit your best recourse is likely with the seller you purchased it from. A major PITA to be sure, but I doubt you will get satisfaction from Logitech if they believe the unit is four years old, true or not. :(

Mnyb
2012-06-17, 03:34
If the transporter is out of stock and not for sale anymore why do they keep offering this for sale:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/wireless-music-systems/transporter-se

Ok they still have some transporter-se left then, this is the new units without the transnav knob .

Rino21
2012-06-17, 05:32
jsut to make is clear,
The Transporter i have purchsed is without the transnav knob,

toby10
2012-06-17, 05:47
jsut to make is clear,
The Transporter i have purchsed is without the transnav knob,

Well, that's one piece of the puzzle solved, and a good sign. :)
What of the other issues? Is the correct S/N showing on this receipt? Assuming they even include S/N's, I dunno. What is the P/N (name & model) on the receipt? Receipt from Logitech directly? Receipt show the same name & address as the person you purchased it from?
Looked into your oddball IP address assignments? Tried it on another network?

Rino21
2012-06-17, 06:00
Well, that's one piece of the puzzle solved, and a good sign. :)
What of the other issues? Is the correct S/N showing on this receipt? Assuming they even include S/N's, I dunno. What is the P/N (name & model) on the receipt? Receipt from Logitech directly? Receipt show the same name & address as the person you purchased it from?
Looked into your oddball IP address assignments? Tried it on another network?

Both Logitech EMEA and US agrees that the S/N is ok,
With EMEA, this issue is currently under discussions so I hope tomorrow I will get some answers,

When I talked to Logitech US just to check the S/N , the lady told me that its valid and under a one year warranty,
She also said that warranty starts the moment of purchase regardless of the product manufacture year,

Since I live in Israel , it make sense to handle this with EMEA and I have a very positive experience with EMEA support when they have replaced my Harmony 1100 and SB DUET , although both were purchased from the US,

I always saw Logitech support as global….

About the network issue,
I have tried the Ethernet ports on some network environments, and since Network infrastructure is what I am doing for living , I have access to basically any equipment I want, so I had the ability to troubleshoot it from top to bottom, although it should be the easiest Plug&Play ..

Of course I have tried all possible reset options (xiling and factory reset)

As I mentioned before , I have both Duet and Classic working on my home network with Ethernet port with no issues,

I will be more than happy to make this work :)

Thanks,

toby10
2012-06-17, 10:24
Yes, warranty starts from date of purchase, not when the unit was built. But the Transporters were not built in large quantities and then shelved for years of orders. So it seems odd a unit built in 2008 was not sold till 2011 (3 years later) when very small quantities of these were built, almost as needed. Is it possible? Sure, maybe they found an older 2008 unit sitting on the shelf in 2011. Just seems odd, and apparently Logitech is questioning this as well.

No one is questioning the validity of the S/N or even the unit itself, only it's build date (according to Logitech support). From a mfr's perspective this is a legitimate concern and is likely why they are scratching their collective heads over this odd set of circumstances. ;)

Mnyb
2012-06-17, 16:47
Yes, warranty starts from date of purchase, not when the unit was built. But the Transporters were not built in large quantities and then shelved for years of orders. So it seems odd a unit built in 2008 was not sold till 2011 (3 years later) when very small quantities of these were built, almost as needed. Is it possible? Sure, maybe they found an older 2008 unit sitting on the shelf in 2011. Just seems odd, and apparently Logitech is questioning this as well.

No one is questioning the validity of the S/N or even the unit itself, only it's build date (according to Logitech support). From a mfr's perspective this is a legitimate concern and is likely why they are scratching their collective heads over this odd set of circumstances. ;)

Yes this is theodd thing .

But if I get it , the SE transporters are just a run made from leftover parts , but with a lower price as they are out of transnav knobs .
Just clearing out the boards and chassis they have with a slight mod to the faceplate this is a win/win you can get a cheaper transporter and that knob what is it good for anyway :)

Or do they actually order new boards and build new batches of transporters ? I don't think so else we would have it in emea to ?