PDA

View Full Version : Sirius XM on Original Squeezebox

pgershon
2012-06-12, 13:00
Is there a way to get it to play. The software app seems to load and I see programing, but the Squeezebox displays "Unable to play file type for". No music. Works fine on my duet. Just not on original.

toby10
2012-06-12, 15:08
Wild guess would be the Sirius streaming format is a type the SB1 cannot play. See what your Duet says is the format while it is playing.

Might be able to have LMS transcode that format to something like mp3 which the SB1 can handle.
LMS > Settings > Advanced > File Format

pgershon
2012-06-13, 04:33
Wild guess would be the Sirius streaming format is a type the SB1 cannot play. See what your Duet says is the format while it is playing.

Might be able to have LMS transcode that format to something like mp3 which the SB1 can handle.
LMS > Settings > Advanced > File Format

I can get to the file format page but for WMA formats, only option is native. I read somewhere that mplayer will translate, but I have no idea how to set my Macintosh server to use mplayer to translate sirius. May make more sense to buy a used updated player. Really only looking for a way to broadcast sirius xm on my whole house audio.