PDA

View Full Version : Altering the Controller Menu

wombatch
2012-06-10, 09:41
I was wondering if there is some configuration or security option I can us to put some control on the interface of the "Logitech Squeezebox Controller" or other compatible software controllers. The reason is that the controller, choose music etc, tends to get left and lent around to allow people to choose what to listen to but I would like to be able to prevent functions like alarm setting and changing squeezebox names for this controller.
Does anybody have any ideas?

cparker
2012-06-11, 02:41
You highlight the menu you want to hide, press the + button. Then select hide from Home Menu.

Forgot to mention you can unhide via. Settings -> Home Menu, so its not a perfect solution but does sort of help prevent accidental button pressing

erland
2012-06-11, 09:57
You highlight the menu you want to hide, press the + button. Then select hide from Home Menu.

Forgot to mention you can unhide via. Settings -> Home Menu, so its not a perfect solution but does sort of help prevent accidental button pressing

I'm guessing this won't help as the request was to hide the Settings menu itself and I don't think the Settings menu and it sub menus can be hidden this way, at least it doesn't work on my Touch.

wombatch
2012-06-11, 23:04
I'm guessing this won't help as the request was to hide the Settings menu itself and I don't think the Settings menu and it sub menus can be hidden this way, at least it doesn't work on my Touch.

You are right it doesn't really help that much and, as far as I can see it only allows me to hide items on the Squeezbox display menu itself not on a remote controller eg. Android or IOS controller application.

aubuti
2012-06-12, 04:48
You are right it doesn't really help that much and, as far as I can see it only allows me to hide items on the Squeezbox display menu itself not on a remote controller eg. Android or IOS controller application.
Actually it will allow you to customize the options on a SB Controller. But it won't help you with other devices such as Android- or iOS-based devices. For that you would have to look for such options in Android or iOS software itself. Likewise, you can get more customization of an SB Controller if you are willing to play around with trying to rewrite some of the code that runs the SBC (it's written in Lua).

garym
2012-06-12, 04:59
I was wondering if there is some configuration or security option I can us to put some control on the interface of the "Logitech Squeezebox Controller" or other compatible software controllers. The reason is that the controller, choose music etc, tends to get left and lent around to allow people to choose what to listen to but I would like to be able to prevent functions like alarm setting and changing squeezebox names for this controller.
Does anybody have any ideas?

seems like the exact use idea of iPeng's Party app (for iThings). Allow others to select music, etc. but not really make any other changes.... It's free at the itunes APP store.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?93980-Coming-soon-The-iPeng-teaser-thread&highlight=ipeng+party

erland
2012-06-12, 09:09

Which iOS or Android controller do you use ?
As mentioned each one implements this differently so it's hard to describe the possibilities unless you specify which app you use.