Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlimChances
    • Apr 2005

MusicIP: scanning in MusicIP mix

I have a few stubborn albums that have MusicIP tags and fingerprints but songs in the album do not give the option of using MusicIp mix either at the player or web interface. Is there a way of forcing LMS to recognize these albums for use with MusicIP? I have done clear and rescan, just rescan new albums and reboots to no effect. At first I thought the issue was unusal characters in the tags (umlaut in Blue Oyster Cult's O) but I corrected that and same result
    Logitech Media Server Version: 9.0.0 - 1711180501 @ Sun 24 Mar 2024 02:44:46 AM CET
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: aarch64-linux
    Database Version: SQLite​

• neilcoburn
    • May 2005

On the LMS Control Panel, have you tried Advanced> Clean Up > Clean Cache Folder.... ? Then a rescan?

Comment

• SlimChances
      • Apr 2005

Thanks,
      I'm using Ubuntu 12.04(Linux) and the control panel isn't available there. If the setting is available in the web interface of the server I can try that but I don't see advanced settings. I have recently deleted the cache folder and let it rebuild itself and the result was that one of my two Blue Oyster Cult albums became available as mixes. I tried looking at the tags of the affected album more closely but I don't see any special characters remaining.
      Logitech Media Server Version: 9.0.0 - 1711180501 @ Sun 24 Mar 2024 02:44:46 AM CET

Comment

• neilcoburn
        • May 2005

Sounds like you've done the equivalent to the Windows 'clear cache', so hopefully someone with a more technical knowledge than me will jump in!

Comment

• SlimChances
          • Apr 2005

I tried deleting the cache again and it worked. I must have done the last clear of cache before I changed the aumlut character.

neilcoburn thanks for reminding me to try that

Comment

Working...