PDA

View Full Version : Buffering problems

Willardfan
2012-05-27, 04:48
One of my squeezeboxes, running software update 7.5.1 r9218, plays music from my NAS drive for a few seconds then tells me it is buffering then plays a few more seconds and so on. My other squeezebox, same software update, plays from the same source perfectly. Any solution suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

garym
2012-05-27, 06:33
One of my squeezeboxes, running software update 7.5.1 r9218, plays music from my NAS drive for a few seconds then tells me it is buffering then plays a few more seconds and so on. My other squeezebox, same software update, plays from the same source perfectly. Any solution suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

how are the sb players connected? wifi or ethernet. If wifi, what does player information report about wifi strength?

Willardfan
2012-05-27, 07:52
how are the sb players connected? wifi or ethernet. If wifi, what does player information report about wifi strength?

Both SBs are connected by ethernet so it is not a WiFi signal strenght issue. Thanks for thinking about this though.

garym
2012-05-27, 07:57
Both SBs are connected by ethernet so it is not a WiFi signal strenght issue. Thanks for thinking about this though.

hmmm, I'd try a few tests to isolate the problem.

1. switch the two SB players. If the same location buffers, it is the eithernet wiring/switches and not the player. If the buffering follows the player, it is something with the player.
2. if the wiring, before doing anything else, I'd plug the ethernet cable into a different slot in the router itself, just to rule out the particular router connection. After that, I'd start trying to diagnose any cables/switches by replacing.....

garym
2012-05-27, 08:11
also, are the two players synched? if so, try them unsynched as a test.