PDA

View Full Version : Quick way to power down SB3s from PC to prevent Wakeup on LAN

rbl
2012-05-14, 06:18
Currently if I put my 1 year old Windows 7 PC into Sleep mode, the SB3s immediately wake it up. I first have to switch off all SB3s, and then put the PC to Sleep. Going into the web interface and turning off the SB3s one by one is pretty tedious. Is there a quick way to do this? Is there a batch file or something I could write to do the whole thing? I don't want to lose the ability of turning on an SB3 to wake up the PC...

Apesbrain
2012-05-14, 08:00
You can configure your Win7 server so that it will only wake up upon receipt of a special "magic packet". This is what the Squeezebox sends out when -- and only when -- you "turn on an SB3 to wake up the PC".

On the server:
Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > (Expand) Network Adapters > (Right-click) Adapter used to connect to your network > Properties > Power Management Tab

All THREE boxes should be checked.

rbl
2012-05-15, 04:13
Perfect - works a treat. Thanks very much!

DeWayne
2012-06-06, 05:58
I have both and Touch and SB3. The Touch will wake up my Win7 machine but the SB3 does nothing when I press the power button while the computer is a sleep. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks,

gharris999
2012-06-08, 17:44
I have both and Touch and SB3. The Touch will wake up my Win7 machine but the SB3 does nothing when I press the power button while the computer is a sleep. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks,
Try doing a factory reset of the SB3. That often fixes this problem.

banned for life
2012-06-08, 18:28
Currently if I put my 1 year old Windows 7 PC into Sleep mode, the SB3s immediately wake it up. I first have to switch off all SB3s, and then put the PC to Sleep. Going into the web interface and turning off the SB3s one by one is pretty tedious. Is there a quick way to do this? Is there a batch file or something I could write to do the whole thing? I don't want to lose the ability of turning on an SB3 to wake up the PC...

Do "help" and look into the "command line interface." I'm pretty sure an echoed script can do what you want.

You also might want to search the forum more specifically. I think this has come up before.

I humbly remain

BFL

Mnyb
2012-06-08, 23:28

Thanks,

The SB3 might also be in the wrong when coming directly from mysqueezebox.com (canít remember which version it was fixed in but on the other hand I don't believe it's really fixed I think it still can happen sometimes ).
So if the last server it saw was the win7 machine it should wake it ? before the bugfix you had to always conect to your own server before shutdown to be sure that wol worked.