PDA

View Full Version : LMS on FreeNAS fails after reboot

ScHenk
2012-04-15, 10:29
I am running FreeNAS, FreeNASi386-0.7.2.8191, for years now with SlimNAS-2.0.1 and SqueezeboxServer.tgz version 7.4.1 till 7.5.4
Very satisfied.

After Logitech Media Server came around earlier this year I have played with this on Windows and want to get over to these new releases certainly.
So I upgraded Slimnas to SlimNAS-2.0.2 and installed logitechmediaserver-7.7.2.tgz (first logitechmediaserver-7.7.1.tgz).
It all seems to work OK and after loading the music library and setting up all players and plugins I run it for a forthnight with satifying results.

After that I reboot for making a backup. Shutdown was not successfull. Reboot likewise. main error is the common; shared object libintl.so.8 not found.
Booting FreeNAS server is now very quick as large parts are not loaded and almost every action is generating the missing shared object message. The web GUI is not started as well and no samba shares are published. So booting is not successfully starting FreeNAS, let alone SlimNAS.

Rebuilding the FreeNAS system on other hardware brought me the same thing. LMS 771 or 772 is making no difference. I am getting the impression this is a non incidental problem after trying several versions and several small and large music libraries.
Used hardware are ASUS_p4p800 / P4:2,6 MHz / 500 MByte and MSI-MS7058 / P4:3.2 MHz / 1000 Mbyte. Nothing special but good systems.

What are the experiences with FreeNAS users going over to LMS? Any like problems? What am I to do now?
I like the disks versatility of FreeNAS and would like to stick with it. But I also like LMS and don't want to stick with SBS forever. The Windows XP alternative I use does not like my SATA drivers very much.

I would like to see any pointers here. I am not a regular BSD/Linux/abuntu user and can do only basic research. I have looked in the forum for this found nothing specific for LMS-7.7.x on SlimNAS. I found some problems related to the "shared object libintl.so.8 missing" messages and people rebuilding parts of the OS to circumvent this, which seems not the stable direction I am looking for.

Help is appreciated,
THenkS in advance

(I have posted this in Lochitech-Media-Server and 3rd party hardware forums but I hope to reach a wider public, and FreeNAS users, in this forum )

pski
2012-04-15, 16:53
I am running FreeNAS, FreeNASi386-0.7.2.8191, for years now with SlimNAS-2.0.1 and SqueezeboxServer.tgz version 7.4.1 till 7.5.4
Very satisfied.

After Logitech Media Server came around earlier this year I have played with this on Windows and want to get over to these new releases certainly.
So I upgraded Slimnas to SlimNAS-2.0.2 and installed logitechmediaserver-7.7.2.tgz (first logitechmediaserver-7.7.1.tgz).
It all seems to work OK and after loading the music library and setting up all players and plugins I run it for a forthnight with satifying results.

After that I reboot for making a backup. Shutdown was not successfull. Reboot likewise. main error is the common; shared object libintl.so.8 not found.
Booting FreeNAS server is now very quick as large parts are not loaded and almost every action is generating the missing shared object message. The web GUI is not started as well and no samba shares are published. So booting is not successfully starting FreeNAS, let alone SlimNAS.

Rebuilding the FreeNAS system on other hardware brought me the same thing. LMS 771 or 772 is making no difference. I am getting the impression this is a non incidental problem after trying several versions and several small and large music libraries.
Used hardware are ASUS_p4p800 / P4:2,6 MHz / 500 MByte and MSI-MS7058 / P4:3.2 MHz / 1000 Mbyte. Nothing special but good systems.

What are the experiences with FreeNAS users going over to LMS? Any like problems? What am I to do now?
I like the disks versatility of FreeNAS and would like to stick with it. But I also like LMS and don't want to stick with SBS forever. The Windows XP alternative I use does not like my SATA drivers very much.

I would like to see any pointers here. I am not a regular BSD/Linux/abuntu user and can do only basic research. I have looked in the forum for this found nothing specific for LMS-7.7.x on SlimNAS. I found some problems related to the "shared object libintl.so.8 missing" messages and people rebuilding parts of the OS to circumvent this, which seems not the stable direction I am looking for.

Help is appreciated,
THenkS in advance

(I have posted this in Lochitech-Media-Server and 3rd party hardware forums but I hope to reach a wider public, and FreeNAS users, in this forum )

Please note there is a proper place for this question and this is not that place.

P