PDA

View Full Version : Music reporting

fbn
2012-03-29, 09:48
Hi,

I'm installing a Squeezebox environment at a restaurant. They would like to have some Music reporting / statistics, for example:

What Albums and Tracks were played the last hours?
What Albums and Tracks were played most (hitlist) per month?

Is it possible to get those statistics from the Logitech Mediaserver? And if so, is it possible to extract the hitlist monthly to send it by mail, eg with cron?

Thanks
Frank

garym
2012-03-29, 09:55
Hi,

I'm installing a Squeezebox environment at a restaurant. They would like to have some Music reporting / statistics, for example:

What Albums and Tracks were played the last hours?
What Albums and Tracks were played most (hitlist) per month?

Is it possible to get those statistics from the Logitech Mediaserver? And if so, is it possible to extract the hitlist monthly to send it by mail, eg with cron?

Thanks
Frank

probably, but if not just enable the last.fm scrobbler in the plugins and create a free last.fm account. This reports every song I play to my last.fm account (from any of my SB players or my foobar2000 PC player) and I can track my play history in a very detailed way.

I assume you need such info in order to pay the ASCAP fees, etc. on playing music in a commercial establishment?

pippin
2012-03-29, 10:01
The TrackStat plugin should also be able to give you what you want.

fbn
2012-03-29, 10:38
Hi,

I will try both, thanks!

garym
2012-03-29, 10:46
for last.fm, be sure to use the plugin last.fm audioscrobbler (rather than the other plugin called "squeezescrobbler". And once installed you have to enter your last.fm credentials in the settings and turn on scrobbling for each of your SB players.

aubuti
2012-03-29, 11:17
last.fm is good for reporting statistics, albeit with a lag sometimes. I've never used TrackStat, but that should work fine as well. If you ever want to work with the raw data, then the PlayLog plugin will give you what you need.

erland
2012-03-29, 21:06
for last.fm, be sure to use the plugin last.fm audioscrobbler (rather than the other plugin called "squeezescrobbler".

Why ?
Just asking because I'm currently using SqueezeScrobbler because it has more functionality (submits tag data). Should I switch to Audioscrobber and in that case why ?

Regarding the different solutions:
- LastFM: Really good if you want to keep track of what you are playing both on Squeezeboxes and other type of players, since many players support to submit to LastFM.
- PlayLog: Really good if you just want to keep track of the playback history of your Squeezebox but don't have much need to browse it in various ways.
- TrackStat: It's strengths shows when you either want to do more advanced browsing and explore your library like, browsing for "Not Recently played artists" or combine it with ratings and browse for "Top Rated Not Recently Added Songs". The big advantage with TrackStat in my opinion is if you also have a need to use the statistics for smart playlists (using SQL Playlist/Dynamic Playlist plugins).

I'm using them all in my own setup because I think they all have their own benefits.

garym
2012-03-30, 04:10
Why ?
Just asking because I'm currently using SqueezeScrobbler because it has more functionality (submits tag data). Should I switch to Audioscrobber and in that case why ?

Good to know. I recall seeing many posts where folks couldn't get squeezescrobbler to work and all solved their problems with the other plugin. Didn't realize that in fact SqueezeScrobbler worked well for many people too.