PDA

View Full Version : Alarms can no longer select Sound Effects or Musical/Natural Sounds

hokie
2012-03-27, 04:20
I'm running LMS 7.1.7r33750 and recently noticed I can no longer select Sound Effects or Musical/Natural Sounds for my alarm. The only choices I see through LMS are Use Current Playlist, Playlists, and Random Mix.

When I look at the players on mysqueezebox.com, I still see the option to set the sounds, but when I try connecting my device to msb, I still don't see the option on the player to choose the sounds.

This occurs for both a SB3 and Boom device. Anyone else see the same issues, or have thoughts on troubleshooting?

garym
2012-03-27, 04:34
I'm running LMS 7.1.7r33750 and recently noticed I can no longer select Sound Effects or Musical/Natural Sounds for my alarm. The only choices I see through LMS are Use Current Playlist, Playlists, and Random Mix.

When I look at the players on mysqueezebox.com, I still see the option to set the sounds, but when I try connecting my device to msb, I still don't see the option on the player to choose the sounds.

This occurs for both a SB3 and Boom device. Anyone else see the same issues, or have thoughts on troubleshooting?

was this last night when mysb.com was down for maintenance?

hokie
2012-03-27, 09:34
Yes this was last night. This morning my alarm set for 6am used the playlist I last used last night. Strangely I still had LMS web interface on my desktop later this morning, and noticed it had my usual Blue Henry sound listed as my playlist. I remembered I also had a 7:30 alarm set which I was not at home to hear.

Last night I tried going to MSB to change the alarm settings, and didn't think they were "sticking", but sounds like maybe the change I tried to make did push to the Boom for the 7:30 alarm.

I still cannot select any sounds from the Boom when connected to MSB or LMS, and have no options through LMS to select sounds. Since Blue Henry showed up on the play list, I was able to add as a Favorite on LMS as a workaround, but would really like to better understand how the alarm sounds work.

It sounds like there must be a disconnect between the players and LMS to MSB which is not working, since I can select sounds through the web interface to MSB but am unable to do so through any players or LMS. I'm wondering if I just need to file a bug regarding the issue...

Mnyb
2012-03-27, 10:19
Try rebooting server and player.

virgiliomi
2012-03-27, 10:23
At least through MySB, I have the ability to set these sound effects/nature sounds as alarm sounds for my Boom.

I can't try setting through my local LMS since I'm not at home right now, but if I can set them through MySB, I can't imagine why I wouldn't be able to set them at home. Make sure that the appropriate plugin is enabled for them also... there is a plugin for these sound effects.

hokie
2012-03-27, 12:27
Try rebooting server and player.

Rebooting the server did the trick! All sounds back and available to select via LMS. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mnyb
2012-03-27, 12:36
Rebooting the server did the trick! All sounds back and available to select via LMS. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeh I think it actually gives up after a while without be able to see mysqueezebox.com at least it's retries gets more seldom over time...