PDA

View Full Version : Remote control for Touch turns on Transporter and computer

piperpilot12w
2012-03-07, 21:58
I have a Squeezebox Transporter, as well as, a Squeezebox Touch. Problem is when I use the remote control to turn on the Touch, it also activates the Transporter and turns my computer on. Is there any way to prevent activation of the Transporter and computer turning on when using the remote for the Touch?

mherger
2012-03-08, 00:16
> I have a Squeezebox Transporter, as well as, a Squeezebox Touch. Problem
> is when I use the remote control to turn on the Touch, it also activates
> the Transporter and turns my computer on. Is there any way to prevent
> activation of the Transporter and computer turning on when using the
> remote for the Touch?

Two options:
- don't use them in the same room,
- disable the default IR set for Transporter in the web UI Settings/Player

--

Michael

gharris999
2012-03-09, 10:14
Third option:

Black vinyl tape over the IR sensor on the Transporter?

epoch1970
2012-03-09, 11:59
Just curious: isn't it possible to remap the power button to another one on either Touch or Transporter ? (or better, differenciate long press / short press)

piperpilot12w
2012-03-21, 09:52
> I have a Squeezebox Transporter, as well as, a Squeezebox Touch. Problem
> is when I use the remote control to turn on the Touch, it also activates
> the Transporter and turns my computer on. Is there any way to prevent
> activation of the Transporter and computer turning on when using the
> remote for the Touch?

Two options:
- don't use them in the same room,
- disable the default IR set for Transporter in the web UI Settings/Player

--

Michael

I disabled the remote features for Transporter via the UI Settings/Player, but the computer still turns on when I use the remote for the Touch. Any ideas?

Mnyb
2012-03-21, 09:58
I disabled the remote features for Transporter via the UI Settings/Player, but the computer still turns on when I use the remote for the Touch. Any ideas?

Do you have LMS installed on the computer ? Did you use that Before turning off/sleep the computer ?

Turn over the Touch to my squeezebox.com before turning of the computer.

piperpilot12w
2012-03-21, 20:48
Do you have LMS installed on the computer ? Did you use that Before turning off/sleep the computer ?

Turn over the Touch to my squeezebox.com before turning of the computer.

I set the Touch to my squeezebox.com and left the Transporter to LMS.
The computer still turns on when I use the remote.

Mnyb
2012-03-21, 22:07
I set the Touch to my squeezebox.com and left the Transporter to LMS.
The computer still turns on when I use the remote.

Is it *only* when using the ir remote, if you manoeuvre Touch from it's touch screen what happens then ?

the Transporter the setting for it to ignore ir is on LMS. I'm just wonder if it actually can understand that without being connected to LMS ? Remember the old players are really stupid what's going on the screen and such on those is really the server.

If you can use Touch from it's Touch screen next thing to try would be to tape over the ir eye on the transporter.

piperpilot12w
2012-03-21, 22:26
Is it *only* when using the ir remote, if you manoeuvre Touch from it's touch screen what happens then ?

the Transporter the setting for it to ignore ir is on LMS. I'm just wonder if it actually can understand that without being connected to LMS ? Remember the old players are really stupid what's going on the screen and such on those is really the server.

If you can use Touch from it's Touch screen next thing to try would be to tape over the ir eye on the transporter.

It appears the disabled remote settings on the Transporter only take effect when LMS is active. Before LMS is started, Transporter registers signals from the remote. Once LMS is active, the remote doesn't have any effect.

When the computer is turned off, I'm able to use the Touch touch-screen and not effect the computer turning on.

aubuti
2012-03-22, 15:29
It appears the disabled remote settings on the Transporter only take effect when LMS is active. Before LMS is started, Transporter registers signals from the remote. Once LMS is active, the remote doesn't have any effect.
That makes sense, because disabling the remote is an LMS setting. In other words, the Transporter's IR receiver is always active. But LMS only does anything with the commands received by the IR remote if the remote is enabled. Like all of the SBs prior to the Touch or Radio, the Transporter is a slim client, and by itself doesn't know what to do with commands received via the IR remote. It just passes it to the server, which then tells it what to do -- even something as simple as volume up/down.

piperpilot12w
2012-04-23, 16:21
Where is the remote control sensor located on the Transporter? Thinking of trying to cover it, so it won't receive signals that are intended for the Touch.

garym
2012-04-23, 16:25
Where is the remote control sensor located on the Transporter? Thinking of trying to cover it, so it won't receive signals that are intended for the Touch.

Im away from home, but i recall you Just go into LMS - settings - players and uncheck all the remote types related to the transporter

piperpilot12w
2012-04-23, 18:11
Im away from home, but i recall you Just go into LMS - settings - players and uncheck all the remote types related to the transporter

That function only works when the Transporter is powered on. I'm trying to prevent the Transporter from turning on, along with the computer, when I use the remote control for the Touch.

garym
2012-04-24, 04:11
That function only works when the Transporter is powered on. I'm trying to prevent the Transporter from turning on, along with the computer, when I use the remote control for the Touch.

oops, sorry I didn't read the first page of the thread (that covered this). My LMS server and Transporter are on 24/7, so wouldn't have noticed this. Shine a flashlight at an angle along the front of the transporter and you should see the IR receptor....