PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Blog post on the Squeezebox

Wigster
2012-03-03, 07:25
There was a blogpost about the Squeezebox by someone from Logitech's marketing on their official blog a couple of days ago

http://blog.logitech.com/2012/03/01/a-music-lovers-main-squeeze-the-logitech-squeezebox/

I guess this could imply they are not trying to make the Squeezebox disappear.

Eliot Rosewater
2012-03-03, 08:27
Let's all visit this blog post and add comments as to how much we love Squeezebox. I did.

DaveWr
2012-03-03, 10:07
They could do with some real marketing, not obscure blog postings. Some real investment in retailers, exhibitions etc. Currently the only obvious contender is Sonos.

So blog post - one guy says they are great, the other hasn't bought one yet. Way to go. Real impact.

mherger
2012-03-05, 01:31
> There was a blogpost about the Squeezebox by someone from Logitech's
> marketing on their official blog a couple of days ago

Haha... thanks for the pointer! I didn't even know that!

> I guess this could imply they are not trying to make the Squeezebox
> disappear.

Yes, they don't try to make it disappear.

--

Michael

virgiliomi
2012-03-05, 06:45
Added my comments to it... awaiting moderation.

maggior
2012-03-05, 07:28
Added my comments to it... awaiting moderation.

ditto.

To the OP - thanks for the heads-up on this blog post. Hopefully we can overwhelm the blog with our posts showing that the SB community is alive and well!

pippin
2012-03-05, 07:38
Unlikely given the fact that none of them ever seem to go through moderation.

sigh. Thiis company can really do NOTHING right WRT marketing....

mherger
2012-03-05, 07:50
> Unlikely given the fact that none of them ever seem to go through
> moderation.

I've sent Sarah a mail asking her to make sure this is going to happen.

--

Michael

maggior
2012-03-05, 07:56
> Unlikely given the fact that none of them ever seem to go through
> moderation.

I've sent Sarah a mail asking her to make sure this is going to happen.

--

Michael

It seems your email had an impact - there are a pile of posts to the blog now, including mine that I put up maybe 30 minutes ago.

pippin
2012-03-05, 08:22
Good :) I explicitly exclude Michael from my marketing comment :)

autopilot
2012-03-05, 11:32
If they do release any new Squeezebox devices they need a major rebrand. Completely drop the name 'Logitech' from the device and marketing and relaunch as a completely standalone brand, with a dedicated Squeezebox.com site and no association to Logitech at all. That's the only way HiFi enthusiasts will start showing an interest again. I know it's more complicated than that, some proper investment would help too, but seriously Logitech; you are a great brand (well you bought some great brands; Harmony, Ultimate ears et al) but you are in no way cool, interesting or synonymous with high quality audio equipment.

Triode
2012-03-05, 12:41
Unlikely given the fact that none of them ever seem to go through moderation.

sigh. Thiis company can really do NOTHING right WRT marketing....

The marketing team could counteract this by at least being slightly visible on this forum... The fact that there is no official presence or engagement with the community here means that the strong word of mouth following previously generated by the product set has been dropping off in recent years. Its not too late, but I would encourage some form of re-engagement to harness the potential product evalegists on this forum.