PDA

View Full Version : Slacker stoppages anyone?

Ikabob
2012-03-03, 06:50
Is anyone experiencing frequent and regular stopping of music using Slacker?

With a Slacker Plus paid subscription, I am having the music stop after approximately 40 minutes, sometimes less; always at the end of a song ; no message. Slacker reps explain that it is a Logitech issue so I am hopeful that Logitech techs are aware and are working to correct it. I filed a post on the official Logitech forums which was a thread more concerned with a Pandora similar problem. I am hoping to get some encouragement from some reps here. I like the Slacker features and I do not want to have to terminate my subscription. Thanks.

kc5f
2012-03-03, 10:50
The last few days I've had the Boom stop a few times at the end of a song on Slacker (not Premium). I haven't had any problem with Last.fm, so if it's related to Logitech then Slacker must work differently than Last.fm on song changes.

tdnuerf
2012-03-04, 11:44
Is anyone experiencing frequent and regular stopping of music using Slacker?

Yep, your symptoms have been happening here on a not-quite-frequent basis for more than a year. They occurred when I was on Slacker Plus and still occur after a week on Slacker Premium. My workaround is to add two very similar Slacker stations to my SB playlist, so I get a song from station #1 and then a song from station #2, and then a song from station #1, rinse and repeat -- I don't experience end-of-song-hang when doing this.

See
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16092
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16692
and/or
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16693

-Don

virgiliomi
2012-03-05, 06:54
I never had any problems with Slacker when I was using LMS on my ReadyNAS. Unfortunately, I'm waiting for a warranty replacement, so in the meantime, I've been using LMS on my Macbook. But Slacker has been much less reliable going through LMS on the Mac, as I've had it stop after 2 songs, after 3 songs, after 5 songs, and once it made it through my full 40 minute alarm period without stopping. Then this morning I never heard anything... no Slacker, no backup alarm, no nothing, and ended up waking up 30 minutes late. I can't say that I've run into any issues listening outside of the alarm period though.

I'm planning on switching to MySB for the next couple of days, until I get my ReadyNAS back up and running (the replacement unit should be coming in today).

virgiliomi
2012-03-05, 20:39
Ok... so got my replacement ReadyNAS today... just got it up and running (all data still intact, so I don't have to recopy everything!)... so of course, first thing I do is make sure LMS is still all working. All looks well... did a media rescan anyway, just for grins. Stopped LMS on the Mac and reconnected all to my ReadyNAS.

Then proceeded to play Slacker on one of them... got 3 songs in, and stop. At the end of the 3rd song, it stopped playing. This isn't during my alarm period, and it's on my SB Radio, not my Boom. Is this a Logitech/MySB issue, or is it a Slacker issue?

ReadyNAS is running LMS 7.7.2 r33808, since I haven't yet gotten a chance to download the latest nightly and put that on. Mac was also running a 7.7.2 build.

virgiliomi
2012-03-12, 04:28
After a week of working with no apparent problems, my alarm this morning played one song from Slacker, then stopped. I unfortunately didn't have a chance to check the SB logs from my server, but I'll post the info from there tonight when I get home. Oddly, the song it played was the same song as my alarm ran out on yesterday morning... but it started it from the beginning, not the middle where it cut off. It then showed a "timed out" message on the display of my Boom.

Hopefully we'll have an answer soon as to if this is an SB issue or a Slacker issue...

Ikabob
2012-03-12, 08:15
Thanks for checking on this virgiliomi. After talking to Slacker techs, they did assure me that it is a Logitech problem. I appreciate that you are monitoring this along with myself. One glimmer of hope is that this morning I set up a Slacker playlist of some of my "custom stations" and after playing for about an hour it had not stalled. I had to leave for work so I had to stop it then myself. I have my fingers crossed that this is an indication that Slacker is ok now. I'll check it out tonight. Anyhow, I am still a Logitech Squeezebox fanboy. I love the ecosystem but I miss Slacker functionality.

virgiliomi
2012-03-12, 09:49
Not to call out Slacker's support, as I'm a big fan of theirs as well (and regularly chat with one of their Support managers), but sometimes they do give incorrect info... and I believe the last time there was an issue between Slacker and Squeezebox, the issue ended up being on Slacker's end.

I've had the Slacker plugin logging in debug mode for the past week, since I got my replacement ReadyNAS... I'll post the last bit of it tonight when I get home, if it has anything relevant in it.

virgiliomi
2012-03-12, 19:29
Well, nothing really useful here...

I'll start with the last song from Sunday's alarm session...

[12-03-11 07:41:39.8944] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::_getNextTr ack (148) 00:04:20:xx:xx:xx Getting next track from SqueezeNetwork
[12-03-11 07:41:40.4892] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::gotNextTra ck (171) Got Slacker track: {
Merchandise => undef,
URL => "http://signal-3.slacker.com/c2/transcodings/...",
album => "World Power",
albumid => 13_211,
albumlink => "album/snap/world-power",
arate => 0,
artist => "Snap!",
artistid => 4728,
artistlink => "artist/snap",
audiogain => 0,
basicRadio => 1,
canartistrate => "true",
cantrackrate => "true",
container => "NONE",
copyright => "1990 Anzilotti&M\xFCnzing",
fid => 27_932_819,
"format" => "MP3_128",
licensed => 1,
olicensed => 1,
pid => 357_747,
portablelicensed => 1,
saved => 0,
sid => "stations/1725496/1313062343",
skip => "yes",
skips => -1,
songid => 347_298,
songlink => "song/snap/the-power",
songtype => "song",
tid => 438_342,
title => "The Power",
tlen => 344,
trate => 100,
type => "radio",
upnext => "Weezer",
upnext_albumid => 318_309,
year => 1990,
}
[12-03-11 07:41:40.4945] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::trackGain (556) Using replaygain value of 0 for Slacker track
[12-03-11 07:41:40.5447] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::playlistCa llback (457) Got playlist event: repeat
[12-03-11 07:41:49.8970] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::playlistCa llback (457) Got playlist event: newsong
[12-03-12 05:50:00.0194] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::stopCallba ck (520) Player stopped, reporting stop to SqueezeNetwork
[12-03-12 05:52:23.9503] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::_getNextTr ack (148) 00:04:20:xx:xx:xx Getting next track from SqueezeNetwork
[12-03-12 06:11:18.2841] Slim::Plugin::Slacker::ProtocolHandler::stopCallba ck (520) Player stopped, reporting stop to SqueezeNetwork

What can I enable a higher logging level on to see where there is a problem? Increasing the logging level for network.squeezenetwork and plugin.sn didn't seem to add anything useful.

Also, can someone from Logitech see if there's more info on their end, by chance? I can provide the full MAC address if it would help. Don't know how much actually comes from your end when my players are actually connected to my local LMS.

toby10
2012-03-13, 02:32
Slacker is back, working fine here.

Ikabob
2012-03-13, 03:02
Yes, last night and this morning Slacker seems to be back. Thanks.

virgiliomi
2012-03-13, 09:17
FYI, just chatted with someone at Slacker... they said that they've made no changes at all over the past couple of days to their servers. So I'm not going to hold my breath that this issue is resolved yet... unless Logitech made some changes on their end.

He also said that all SB traffic to Slacker goes through Logitech, so I suppose it's possible that the issue could be on Logitech's end.

toby10
2012-03-13, 09:39
He also said that all SB traffic to Slacker goes through Logitech, so I suppose it's possible that the issue could be on Logitech's end.

Correct, Logitech fixed it, I've been streaming Slacker for over 12 hours straight without even a hicup.