PDA

View Full Version : Controller firmware update

cliveb
2012-02-26, 08:12
I recently rebuilt my server, which previously ran Ubuntu 8.10 with an old version of SqueezeCenter (7.2 or 7.3, I can't quite remember which).

I decided that perhaps the simplest option was to just build a Vortexbox system, so have installed VB 1.10. This uses Squeezebox Server 7.6.1 r33149.

Problem is, I can't get my two Controllers to update their firmware. They are stuck on 7.3 r3476, and behaving rather strangely with the new server software. If I do Settings>Advanced>Software Update, all I get as an option is Cancel. I tried a factory reset of the Controller, but that has not changed things. I then tried pulling the battery to force a "cold reboot" and that didn't change things.

So how do I force a Controller to update its firmware?

audiomuze
2012-02-26, 09:37
put the firmware update on a cf card, pop that into the controller and update from it.

cliveb
2012-02-26, 11:00
put the firmware update on a cf card, pop that into the controller and update from it.
Thanks - I found the page on Logitech's site that explains how to do this with an SD card, and am now sorted.

One additional question: is there any way to disable the icons displayed next to menu items (eg. on the home menu). The reason I'd like to do this is that I've installed the Other Players plugin and added it to the home menu. It doesn't have an icon, so the menu looks peculiar.

audiomuze
2012-02-26, 11:52
Sorry, I meant SD, not CF.

No idea about the icons though, don't use my Controller much these days, iPeng's rendered it irrelevant.