PDA

View Full Version : How to run SB3 off ethernet, not wifi?

miab
2012-02-19, 09:17
I have my SB3 plugged into my network but it still seems to use the wifi receiver instead. I can't seem to find a menu item to use the ethernet cable instead. I keep getting pauses and restarts with wifi and signal strength is good.

Recoveryone
2012-02-19, 09:40
I have my SB3 plugged into my network but it still seems to use the wifi receiver instead. I can't seem to find a menu item to use the ethernet cable instead. I keep getting pauses and restarts with wifi and signal strength is good.

During the setup process, it ask you if you are using WiFi or Ethernet? which did you pick. You may have to reset the unit and redo all of your settings.

As for your pause/dropout issue may be a result of poor reception, check your signal strengh. A good signal should be above 70% and higher, I use highgain antanas on my router and server to help boost the signal in my home. If you look at my sig you will see that I have 4 units all wirelessly connected. The server is in the garage (front of the house) the router is located against the rear wall (back of the house) Transporter is closese sharing the wall from the garage and familyroom the Bedroom and media room are upstairs and the living room has 3 walls between it and the server.

Mnyb
2012-02-19, 10:45
Should not Hilding the left arrow take you ro the fw meny where you can do network setup again.
Have the ethernet wire conected, (do not have bridging enabled btw )