PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring small/capital letter?

oivindi
2012-02-09, 15:48
It seems Logitech Media Server (version 7.7.1) is separating artist names when there is a difference in small and capital letters - and only that.

For instance, "Wouter van Veldhoven" and "Wouter Van Veldhoven" is listed as two separate artists (notice the small/capital "v" in "van").

Any way to avoid this?

garym
2012-02-09, 15:50
It seems Logitech Media Server (version 7.7.1) is separating artist names when there is a difference in small and capital letters - and only that.

For instance, "Wouter van Veldhoven" and "Wouter Van Veldhoven" is listed as two separate artists (notice the small/capital "v" in "van").

Any way to avoid this?

Yes, LMS is more picky now. Fix your tags to be consistent. I like mp3tag for this sort of thing. I've been slowly picking up places where I have such inconsistencies and just fix the tags and move on.....

pski
2012-02-09, 16:32
Yes, LMS is more picky now. Fix your tags to be consistent. I like mp3tag for this sort of thing. I've been slowly picking up places where I have such inconsistencies and just fix the tags and move on.....

So to fix the foreign character issues, someone decided a couple of UPPER arguments could go . .