PDA

View Full Version : Moodlogic playlists disappeared



Roger Mitchell
2004-10-21, 14:24
Sorry kdf, didn't make it too clear did I. I'm running 5.3.1 (the official
released version) on an XP Pro SP2 system. I remember the problem with the
empty playlists but that was a while ago as you say. I have no Moodlogic
playlists at all, only Itunes playlists show up and they work fine! Using
squeezebox, I can do all the various mixes etc., but I have none of the
pre-defined playlists that I used to have under "Saved Playlists".
Everything else works a treat, it's only the fact the playlists have gone
missing! I have wiped the cache at least 5 times and even re-installed
slimserver, but it just doesn't want to pick up the playlists. Other
playlists are OK. Any ideas?

Regards
Roger, Newbury, UK



-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of kdf
Sent: 21 October 2004 17:39
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: [slim] Moodlogic playlists disappeared

This was a known issue with 5.3.0 and is fixed for 5.3.1. Since you haven't
stated the version you are running or on what OS, I'll just suggest that you
upgrade, or gointo server settings, performance and click wipe cache and let
the server rescan.

-kdf

Quoting Roger Mitchell <rog.mitchell (AT) bigfoot (DOT) com>:

> Hi all! If anyone has any ideas I would be happy to try anything! My
> moodlogic playlists have disappeared from slimserver! Itunes playlists
> are still there but no matter what I seem to do, Moodlogic playlists
> just won't appear. They always used to work Ok and as far as I know
> the only change to my PC is the installation of Norton Internet
> Security 2005 a couple of days ago. In honesty, I cant really
> associate the 2 items together because I am not sure when the
> playlists disappeared. I have tried a re-install of slimserver,
> disabling and enabling moodlogic support and I think played with just
> about everything! Moodlogic works fine as a standalone program and the
mixes still work on my squeezebox (the little "m").
>

kdf
2004-10-21, 14:41
try debugging with the following:

stop the server
click start->run
type: "c:\program files\slimserver\server\slim.exe" --d_moodlogic --logfile
c:\moodlogic.log
then click ok.

open the server web ui, go into server settings to make sure you have "use
moodlogic' selected. an audiodir setting is not required.

click on wipe cache in server settings -> performance

when teh scan is complete, you can open the log in wordpad and see what it says
about the moodlogic playlists.

-kdf

Quoting Roger Mitchell <rog.mitchell (AT) bigfoot (DOT) com>:

> Sorry kdf, didn't make it too clear did I. I'm running 5.3.1 (the official
> released version) on an XP Pro SP2 system. I remember the problem with the
> empty playlists but that was a while ago as you say. I have no Moodlogic
> playlists at all, only Itunes playlists show up and they work fine! Using
> squeezebox, I can do all the various mixes etc., but I have none of the
> pre-defined playlists that I used to have under "Saved Playlists".
> Everything else works a treat, it's only the fact the playlists have gone
> missing! I have wiped the cache at least 5 times and even re-installed
> slimserver, but it just doesn't want to pick up the playlists. Other
> playlists are OK. Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Roger, Newbury, UK
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of kdf
> Sent: 21 October 2004 17:39
> To: Slim Devices Discussion
> Subject: [slim] Moodlogic playlists disappeared
>
> This was a known issue with 5.3.0 and is fixed for 5.3.1. Since you haven't
> stated the version you are running or on what OS, I'll just suggest that you
> upgrade, or gointo server settings, performance and click wipe cache and let
> the server rescan.
>
> -kdf
>
> Quoting Roger Mitchell <rog.mitchell (AT) bigfoot (DOT) com>:
>
> > Hi all! If anyone has any ideas I would be happy to try anything! My
> > moodlogic playlists have disappeared from slimserver! Itunes playlists
> > are still there but no matter what I seem to do, Moodlogic playlists
> > just won't appear. They always used to work Ok and as far as I know
> > the only change to my PC is the installation of Norton Internet
> > Security 2005 a couple of days ago. In honesty, I cant really
> > associate the 2 items together because I am not sure when the
> > playlists disappeared. I have tried a re-install of slimserver,
> > disabling and enabling moodlogic support and I think played with just
> > about everything! Moodlogic works fine as a standalone program and the
> mixes still work on my squeezebox (the little "m").
> >
>
>
>
>