PDA

View Full Version : Database Name & Location

Peter S
2012-01-17, 09:17
I want to run some simple SQL commands to list albums etc. that are in the database as I think that sime may be missing. I have downloaded a program which will connect to a SQLite database but it requires the location/name and I don't know where to start looking or what it mught be called.
Any help would be appreciated.

JJZolx
2012-01-17, 11:39
In the web interface go to Settings > Information to find the location of the cache folder. The databases are located there. The main library database is named library.db.

pski
2012-01-17, 16:46
I had intranet access to the database when it was mySQL. <bind address changed to 0.0.0.0>

Is that possible with SQLite ?

P

pski
2012-01-17, 16:49
I want to run some simple SQL commands to list albums etc. that are in the database as I think that sime may be missing. I have downloaded a program which will connect to a SQLite database but it requires the location/name and I don't know where to start looking or what it mught be called.
Any help would be appreciated.

Just curious. What program are you trying ?

Thx

P

JJZolx
2012-01-17, 18:39
I had intranet access to the database when it was mySQL. <bind address changed to 0.0.0.0>

Is that possible with SQLite ?

Yes, although it's not the same kind of access. With MySQL a management program communicates with the MySQL server running on the other computer. With SQLite it's a bit simpler and you access the database file directly, much as you would if you were editing a spreadsheet located on another computer. One difference is that you'll need to have a network share giving access to the database file(s).

I've been using SQLite Expert (http://www.sqliteexpert.com/), the free Personal edition.

Peter S
2012-01-19, 06:26
Thank you very much. I've now connected successfully. I'm using the 30 day trial version of RazorSQL as the front end.