PDA

View Full Version : new user of Squeezebox - wi-fi problem

blueskies
2012-01-12, 10:56
I have just bought a Squeezebox - and (I know I am not the first to experience this) I cannot use it wirelessly - it refuses to recognise my
wi-fi password which every other wireless device I own - including a Pure Flow - accepts. So now I own a wi-fi radio that can only be used with an Ethernet cable. Logitech MUST come up with a software upgrade that allows any type of wireless security protocol to work easily and simply without hassle - an excellent radio that is just too clever ! I am disappointed.

garym
2012-01-12, 11:03
I have just bought a Squeezebox - and (I know I am not the first to experience this) I cannot use it wirelessly - it refuses to recognise my
wi-fi password which every other wireless device I own - including a Pure Flow - accepts. So now I own a wi-fi radio that can only be used with an Ethernet cable. Logitech MUST come up with a software upgrade that allows any type of wireless security protocol to work easily and simply without hassle - an excellent radio that is just too clever ! I am disappointed.

hmmmm, all commercially available WIFI security protocols DO in fact work with the SB players--no software updated needed! So something odd is going on at your network/WIFI end. Post more details about your setup and folks here can help debug.

toby10
2012-01-12, 11:57
I use WPA2+AES encryption without issue, and that is pretty much the best and most secure encryption you can get on consumer routers.

As Gary suggests, more info.... player? encryption method?
Tried with NO encryption just as a test?
Sure the encryption passphrase is entered correctly? No spaces?
Sure you are connecting it to your network (not a neighbor's network with same SSID name)?
Sure no other router security is preventing connection? MAC filtering? Max number of network clients set?
Router offer a "guest" network?

pski
2012-01-12, 13:41

Wifi passwords are case - sensitive: make sure you enter the correct UP/low.

If the radio sees your AP and offers to connect, the wifi is working.

P

Mnyb
2012-01-12, 14:09
sometimes it is easy to ad an extra space by mistake when typing in the password.

What encryption are you trying to use ?

emalvick
2012-01-12, 14:55
Other problems I've seen...

1. Depending on the encryption type, you may need to use the hex code as opposed to the password.

2. The firewall may block your squeezebox. For a short period of time I was having this problem consistently without any reason I could find. It was likely firmware related as the problem went away without a specific solution on my end.

jaaen
2012-01-13, 14:01
Maybe you can use my experience with this:

I also had a problem with the encryption password on my Wi-Fi when I got my first Duet. So, in my case my password was e.g. like this "1234567890123456". This I had to enter on the Duet as the ASCII code, which in practice meant that I added the number "3" in front of each digit, i.e. "31323334353637...." (because the character "2" is 32 ASCII). If your password is other than numbers you need to convert those using the ASCII table.

Br.
Jesper