PDA

View Full Version : SB3 keeps restarting while playing music

taalas
2012-01-11, 04:58
Hi,

a friend of mine now uses a Squeezebox Classic which I have previously used for a long time without any problems. It worked very well for a couple of month but recently shows strange behaviour:

While playing music occasionally the player will reboot (show intro screen). It then returns to the last played song but in "stopped" state.

The SB3 is connected to the latest LMS on a Windows PC. All connections are wired. The software in question hasn't changed when this problem started appearing. He tried to do a factory reset but it didn't help.

Does anyone know any more things we could try and or further ways to troubleshoot this?

Any help would be great!

thanks

toby10
2012-01-11, 05:42
I'd start by checking for three things:
1. duplicate IP's on network
2. loose power connection, try wiggling it at the player
3. PSU in general, try a different outlet, or may be failing

taalas
2012-01-12, 12:01
Hi,

thanks for you reply.

I made sure that no other device on the network uses the same IP.

The plug on the SB3 was moved when resetting to factory defaults, so I guess it has been wiggled ;)

I will try to look at the outlet, but since this wasn't touched lately I assume it's still good.

Failing power supply could be a problem, can I just switch this for another one with same specs?

Some more things:

Lately, sometimes the music skips while playing an album. Also it recently happened that before restarting the SB emitted some white noise...does this help in finding the problem?

Mnyb
2012-01-12, 12:12
Do a xlink reset . It usuall cures odd sound issues.

SB3 Xilinx Reset:* Unplug power, press and hold down the one (1)* button on the remote, plug power back in (whilst continuing to hold down the one button)

other possible cause besides powersupply ( yes use one with similar spec actually the Squeezebox Touch supply works for it ).

Wifi card is lose or broken.

SB3 was initially sold with wifi as an option so it can run without the card, but of course wired then.

ghostrider
2012-01-12, 12:14
Try an xilinx reset. Remove power, hold down the "1" key on the remote while connecting to power. You may have to reenter you network info again.

taalas
2012-01-13, 05:50
Do a xlink reset . It usuall cures odd sound issues.

Wifi card is lose or broken.

I will try those fixes, thanks alot!

I guess physically removing the WiFi PCI card will be the suggested fix for option 2? Or do I just make sure it's solidly connected?

Since the box is wired I wouldn't need WiFi...

Mnyb
2012-01-13, 08:12
I will try those fixes, thanks alot!

I guess physically removing the WiFi PCI card will be the suggested fix for option 2? Or do I just make sure it's solidly connected?

Since the box is wired I wouldn't need WiFi...

try both , but if not needed remove it.

btw I used the Touch supply to my SB3 a while it worked fine.