Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dogberry2
    • Jul 2008

Database in 7.7.1 - SQLite?

I haven't upgraded my Squeezebox Server in nearly a year (still running 7.5.4), mainly because it's been working just fine and I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school. But I also don't like to fall too far behind in releases, so I figure it's time for me to catch up to the new (and endlessly being renamed) version. So I'm planning to install LMS 7.7.1 sometime soon.

My question, for anyone who knows, is this: is the 7.7.1 database still MySQL, or has it changed back to SQLite? The reason I'd like to know is that I have a collection of queries I use to go directly into the database and produce spreadsheets and lists of my albums, playlists and stuff like that, so if the database has changed, I'll have to adapt all my little tools. I have no problem with doing that, I just want to know what I'm getting into and how much time I'll need to allot for the upgrade.

Also, if the database HAS changed, can anybody point me to an ER diagram or any kind of documentation on the new architecture?

Thanks to all who can help.
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

They changed back to SQLite with 7.6.0, it's still SQLite in 7.7.1. I'm not aware of any published documentation on the database schema etc. You may want to try browsing/searching/asking in the Developers forum, as well as poking around in the db tables and Perl code.
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.3 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng, SB Controllers and Squeezepad

Comment

• Dogberry2
      • Jul 2008

Thanks, Aubuti.

Comment

• JJZolx
        • Apr 2005

It's possible to run MySQL with 7.6 and later, just a bit of work. If you have no issues with your current 7.5 server you should probably just stay with it.

Comment

• Dogberry2
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by JJZolx
          It's possible to run MySQL with 7.6 and later, just a bit of work. If you have no issues with your current 7.5 server you should probably just stay with it.
          Nah, I don't like to get too far behind in releases. And besides, I'm sure the new-and-improved, cleverly-renamed Logitech Media Server is vastly superior to the old Squeezebox Server, with many new features both wondrous and spiffy, and I'd hate to miss out on those. Although I'd bet six bits that the new database still shows no sign of ever having been reviewed or touched by an actual DBA, regardless of the change in the underlying DBMS. But tha's all right; converting queries from one to the other shouldn't take long.

Comment

• JJZolx
            • Apr 2005

Glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

Working...