PDA

View Full Version : Plugin install / remove - driving me crazy

Furry
2011-12-29, 03:40
So, I've been trying a new HP Proliant server N40, with Vortexbox with v7.7.1 LMS.

I've also been attempting to remove a few plugins, mainly Deezer and Classical.com, because neither of these (both still at v1.0, never updated by Logitech) work very well (very limited functionality, won't play playlists; classical.com plugin even produces parse errors).

What I've found, also with previous LMS/SBS versions, is that a) it seems to take a couple of goes (restarts) before the plugin changes 'take', and b) the SBT (and probably also the SBR?) *still* feature these plugins in their menu systems.

Re. Classical.com, nothing I do removes this from the SBT main menu, even a factory reset of the SBT.

Ideas?

Edit: I've just noticed that classical.com still appears(ed) in my apps list on mysqueezebox.com; I probably also need to remove it from there? I must say, I find the whole local-vs.-online relationship, with squeezeboxes/servers, confusing. I'm now trying (again), and failing, to find the menu option on the SBT to connect it to mysb.com, instead of my local server. WTF *is* it?

TIA

toby10
2011-12-29, 03:56
Just log in to www.MySqueezeBox.com with your computer, delete all unwanted apps.

Furry
2011-12-29, 03:59
Just log in to www.MySqueezeBox.com with your computer, delete all unwanted apps.

Yes, I did that, but found that I then had to connect the SBT to msb.com (via Extras/music source in my *local* LMS, couldn't see any other way), and/or do a power cycle of the SBT. That was the only way to get rid the superfluous menu item.

Furry
2011-12-29, 04:17
I just installed some more plugins, including BBC iPlayer extras.

Didn't appear in the SBT menu, under 'Internet Radio' - I had to power-cycle the SBT to get this to happen. Same thing with SBR.

This hasn't always been the way this works, has it? (I don't believe so).

toby10
2011-12-29, 07:05
Yes, I did that, but found that I then had to connect the SBT to msb.com (via Extras/music source in my *local* LMS, couldn't see any other way), and/or do a power cycle of the SBT. That was the only way to get rid the superfluous menu item.

Yeah, I see what you mean. For Touch on LMS to see the MySB deletion or install of an app you need to switch to MySB first. Likely a bug.

But with Apps there is always the option to add/remove them from the Touch itself without connecting to MySB at all, player or web UI.
On Touch go to App Gallery, select that App, there you can install or uninstall, affect on Touch is immediate.
Plugins are a different issue. :(