PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter running, but no browser access @ 9000?!

st2000
2011-12-24, 10:37
Hi,

I've been away from SlimServer (I mean SqueezeCenter) and may have missed out on some magical step to get the web part of SqueezeCenter up and running. I am wondering if any here can fill me in on why I can not simply point a browser at port 9000 on the computer running the server and pull up the SqueezeCenter web page (like I have always been able to do in the past).

The server is a Debian box. For those who know about Linux, the uname -a command produces this:

... 2.6.30-1-686 #1 SMP Sat Aug 15 19:11:58 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

The Debian box is freshly rebooted and I checked to see if the SqueezeCenter process was autonomously started:

122 9657 0.0 0.0 2748 1192 ? S 10:25 0:00 /bin/bash /usr/sbin/squeezecenter_safe /usr/sbin/squeezecenter-serv

Ok, all is looking very good. Now I'll just point a web browser from another computer at it and...

Unable to connect, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.10.123:9000.

Ha! What happened? The process is running - why is there no web page??? Maybe something is wrong w/the web server on that machine! Ok, try the machine's IP w/o any port (i.e. use the default http port):

It works!

Yep, that's the default message you get from the web server when it is working. So it's something else. Probably something different about SqueezeCenter. That or SqueezeCenter is broken.

What do people think?

-thanks

toby10
2011-12-24, 12:24
Nothing different about SqueezeBox Server (SBS), now Logitech Media Server (LMS).
- Sure that port 9000 is not in use by another program?
- SBS > Settings > Advanced > Network > Web Server Port #, does it say 9000?
- Tried rebooting SBS?

pski
2011-12-24, 17:40
Nothing different about SqueezeBox Server (SBS), now Logitech Media Server (LMS).
- Sure that port 9000 is not in use by another program?
- SBS > Settings > Advanced > Network > Web Server Port #, does it say 9000?
- Tried rebooting SBS?

Can't check settings without 9000 working . .

You didn't say about the LMS machine. If it's windows, open a "command prompt" and do

ipconfig

It may be that your LMS machine has a new IP address.

On the LMS machine open your browser and go to:

http://localhost:9000

and see if it works

P