PDA

View Full Version : Ran a rescan and lost all music

scp2
2011-12-19, 06:25
I recently added three new albums and ran a rescan and look for new...and squeeze server only sees the new albums. I did a...complete clear library and rescan...and still the same.

It shows all 639 albums but only two artists

I have version 7.6.1 running on a readynas duo.

Any ideas? Please use laimens terms I am not very computor literate.

Squeezebox Server StatusVersion: 7.6.1 - r33110 @ Thu Aug 18 03:25:26 PDT 2011
Hostname: rnasbunner
Server IP Address: 192.168.2.101
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Netgear RAIDiator - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: sparc-linux
Perl Version: 5.8.8 - sparc-linux
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 1

Library StatisticsTotal Tracks: 8,427
Total Albums: 639
Total Artists: 2
Total Genres: 1
Total Playing Time: 22055:29:52

Music Scan DetailsRemoving deleted files: /media/Music (176 of 176) Complete 00:04:27

Scanning new files: /media/Music (1 of 1) Complete 00:00:14

Discovering playlists: /media/Music (1081 of 1081) Complete 00:00:28

The server has finished scanning your music collection.
Total Time: 00:05:09 (Sunday, December 18, 2011 / 8:04 PM)

Player InformationInformation on all identified devices connected to Squeezebox Server

Transporter 19Player Model: Transporter
Firmware: 87
Player IP Address: 192.168.2.102
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:10:12:16
Voltage: 120

Folders
Cache Folder/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache
Preferences Folder/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs
Plugin Folders/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins, /usr/sbin/Plugins, /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins
Squeezebox Server Log FileSqueezebox Server keeps a log file for all application related activities (Audio Streaming, Infrared, etc) here:
/var/log/squeezeboxserver/server.log (100, 500, 1000 lines)

Scanner Log FileSqueezebox Server keeps a log file for all scanning related activities, including iTunes & MusicIP here:
/var/log/squeezeboxserver/scanner.log (100, 500, 1000 lines)

scp2
2011-12-19, 21:15
Nothing???

I don't think I am cut out for audio provided by a computor network...way too many fluky issues.

Seems to me you have be willing to constantly be dealing with this and that.

Mnyb
2011-12-19, 21:50
have you simply restarted the NAS since the scan ( 7.6.1 can report this stats wrong even if the scan went ok ). if you go to my music > artists you see more than one artist ?

if that fails try to run a new "clear and rescan everything" .

Otherwise is sugest the 7.6.2 or 7.7.1 version

scp2
2011-12-19, 22:19
Yes restarted the nas..I have been down this road too many time. I will now have to call India and be put thru their regimen..prolly an hour to an hour and a half then they will asign me to an american call center....then they will spend about 5-10 minutes and fix the problem.

What is funny..when I do a rescan.. I watch what..is scanned and all my albums flash up, I know it is something simple...I am not computor literate enough to figure it out.

Mnyb
2011-12-19, 22:40
re computer literate , why run the server on a NAS ? It is easier and more user friendly on a real computer, on the other hand if you persist you will becomme computer literate ;)

I'm sure their are other ready NAS user with better ideas, I run another kind of server .

But what you should learn is how to get to the server.log and scanner.log files

they are in the /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ directory of your NAS you can read parts of them trough the links on the settings page ,directly in your browser .
otherwise putty or winscp is friendly apps to use from the pc.

If the scanner crashes it can leave information in scanner.log or server.log

In squeezeboxservers advanced settings there is logging settings, here you can rise the level of logging, this is good if you plan to send the files to someone.

btw if you go to artists in the menu is it really only 2 artists ?

Does it ever finish scanning or do you get an aborted message ?

scp2
2011-12-20, 18:37
I used a nas because..I didn't want to have to leave the computor on all the time. I researched and a nas seemed like my best bet...but now realize most of my advice came from computor geeks..that can handle the problems that are major to me like is nothing.

I checked my scanner log and almost all the boxes are labeled error.

Also in the scanner log the last date scnned was 11-12-2010

scp2
2011-12-27, 05:49
FYI for anyone with this same problem..I fixed the problem by uninstalling squeeze center and reinstalling it.

I should have done this at first. Thanks to those that tried to help.