PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain ITouch control of the Squeezecenter? IPeng? Anything else?

NeilF
2011-12-13, 07:21
I believe there's iPeng as an app you can buy?

Are there any other alternatives worth considering?

Squeezed_Rotel
2011-12-13, 07:39

I use both iPeng and Squeezepad on my iPad...love them both. They are both avaiable from iTunes website.

garym
2011-12-13, 07:39

Ipeng is the gold standard for iTouch or iPhone.

aubuti
2011-12-13, 07:49
It's also worth looking at Logitech's app for the iPhone and iPod Touch (I don't know if they have a separate one for the iPad). It's not as full featured as iPeng, but it is free. And the interface closely mimics that of the SB Touch, Radio and SqueezePlay -- that could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view.

Pascal Hibon
2011-12-13, 07:51
Logitech also has an app for the iPhone / iPod Touch. If you want to try it, the Logitech app is free but it is no match for iPeng.
iPeng is well worth the "investment".

NeilF
2011-12-13, 09:44
Logitech also has an app for the iPhone / iPod Touch. If you want to try it, the Logitech app is free but it is no match for iPeng.
iPeng is well worth the "investment".

And iPeng does NOT need itunes does it!

garym
2011-12-13, 09:46
And iPeng does NOT need itunes does it!

No

NeilF
2011-12-26, 13:23
OK! Just downloaded Squeezecontroller on my brand new ITouch. How do I run it?

As an example I downloaded the free Angry Birds demo and there's a nice new icon on the unit to run it. Nothing of the sort for Squeezecontroller? Yet it says it's downloaded!? So how do I run it? Or worse case re-download it on the ITouch?

jamiemacmusic
2011-12-26, 13:31
I have just bought an ipod touch (2nd generation) instead of paying for another Duet controller. I had to do the recomended OS upgrade to OS 4.3 via itunes so that iPeng would work which took a while. It's pretty well the first app I have ever paid for and I am impressed. You have to be pretty accurate with touching the screen on an iPod which takes some practice.

I have a Boom and 2 receivers and I can now see far more easily what is being played where and what is synched.

My only issue is that I don't seem to be able to synch two devices playing Last.FM which seems to be a limitation by Last.FM.

Hope this info is useful.

What I would really really now love is an Ipeng controller screen I can run on my Win 7 Laptop!?

garym
2011-12-26, 13:33
For equivalent (sort of) use squeezeplay on your laptop as a controller.

jamiemacmusic
2011-12-26, 14:11
Cheers GaryM, yes I am aware of squeezeplay and it's not bad, but not as a good as iPeng!

pippin
2011-12-26, 14:17
My only issue is that I don't seem to be able to synch two devices playing Last.FM which seems to be a limitation by Last.FM.

You can do that is you use the Squeezebox Server (running on a computer or NAS) but you can't as long as you use MySqueezebox.com or only a Squeezebox Touch, that's a Last.fm limitation, indeed.

jamiemacmusic
2011-12-26, 14:38
Hi Pippin,
I just posted a quesion on diff thread on how do you run Last.FM via Squeezebox Server (instead of MySqueezebox.com) ?

thanks

pippin
2011-12-26, 20:09
Hm, you write you use Logitech Media Server on a Windows machine, then it should just work out of the box.
The one thing you have to make sure is to configure your MySqueezebox.com account in the server's web interface ("Settings->MySqueezebox.com"), then you "MyApps" menu should be the same for both MySB and LMS.

jamiemacmusic
2011-12-29, 14:52
Hi Pippin,
Thanks for your reply, i have checked that MySqueezebox.com account email address and password are saved in the server's web interface as you suggest.

"My Apps" on the Logitech Media Server Web Viewer only ever offers "App Gallery" even though I have several apps (i.e. plugins) installed which seems odd. The only way to get the browser to be of any use is if I first ensure that each device is first switched to My PC library" (i.e. NOT switched to MySqueezebox.com library).

I am really beginning to hate MySqueezebox.com mode because neither my laptop nor ipeng on ipod can control SB devices unless the devices are first switched to "My PC library" mode. However as I can only see Last.FM in MySqueezebox.com mode it is a big headache!

pippin
2011-12-29, 15:01
Could it be that your computer running LMS doesn't have Internet access? If it does, please restart the server, I'm frequently having an issue on my MAC where the server loses the connection to MySB whenever the network configuration changes.

All of this said: there should be absolutely no problem to control your players with iPeng when they are on MySB, you just have to register iPeng for your MySB account once (tap "MySqueezebox.com" under "Music Sources". The iPad version (and upcoming iPhone releases) should even follow your player to the other music source pretty reliably.

jamiemacmusic
2011-12-29, 16:32
Problem solved, you were right in your first suggestion, turns out all I had to do was reset mysqueezebox.com password and put that new password in the setings - myqueezbox.com and voila suddenly all my apps (inckuding Last.FM yay!) appeared in my Apps when in "my computer" mode.

Many thanks all.