PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody not working on Boom

miguelk
2011-12-04, 10:30
Rhapsody just stopped working only on my Boom, and only through Squeezebox server. I have no problem accessing it, but it shows the progress bar and won't play. (The web controller and ipeng show it as progressing, but no sound comes out.) My other two squeezeboxes (a touch and a Radio) have no problem playing rhapsody through the squeezebox server. And the Boom will play it fine through Mysqueezebox.com

I noticed that when i connected the boom to myqueezebox, it updated the firmware. and then when i reconnected to my server, it updated the firmware again.

Anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

Thanks!

garym
2011-12-04, 10:39
ps better to post in one forum only. most readers see ALL the messages (via "new posts" function" and more than one post on a single question just gets confusing.... ;-)

ajkidle
2011-12-04, 19:07
What version of SBS are you running? It sounds like you're running an older version of SBS (or LMS as it's called now.) If connecting to MySB.com updated your firmware, you're definitely not on the latest version. Or rather, you're not in sync with MySB -- I suppose it's possible you're running a future version via one of the nightly builds. (You would absolutely know if you were doing this -- requires tinkering and nerdery.) I'd try updating your Squeezebox Server and see if things start working for you.

There was a Rhapsody change a few months ago that required a firmware update (and new version of SBS) on the older ip3k players. I'm listening to Rhapsody right now on a Radio and an SB3 without issue, so the service is online and working currently -- in Ann Arbor, at least.

stevemcintosh
2011-12-10, 07:11
Tough one. Good luck.

jhonsberger@msn.com
2011-12-10, 16:12
Rhapsody just stopped working only on my Boom, and only through Squeezebox server. I have no problem accessing it, but it shows the progress bar and won't play. (The web controller and ipeng show it as progressing, but no sound comes out.) My other two squeezeboxes (a touch and a Radio) have no problem playing rhapsody through the squeezebox server. And the Boom will play it fine through Mysqueezebox.com

I noticed that when i connected the boom to myqueezebox, it updated the firmware. and then when i reconnected to my server, it updated the firmware again.

Anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

Thanks!

This is just one reason why i switched to MOG.

rgro
2011-12-10, 19:50
To each his or her own. I tried MOG and it was a disaster---skipping, and rebuffering constantly. Rhapsody, Pandora, SkyFM, all work fine for me, though it would appear that, for the o.p. this particular issue may not be entirely Rhapsody-related as it seems to work fine on his other SB's.

I don't have a Boom, but if I did, I'd be tempted to power off the Boom, stop and restart SBS/LMS, and possibly the router(s), and have a go at it again to see if it was just some temporary issue with DNS or the like.