PDA

View Full Version : Presets and Trackstat

yeomanspc
2011-12-02, 16:48
As I understand it, presets work by pressing and holding one of buttons 1-6 for more than 5 seconds to set the shortcut, and the preset can be recalled by pressing and holding button 1-6 for 1 second. I'm getting SB radio for my wife (part of the attraction is the presets for favorite radio stations - simple UI).

However, I also have trackstat installed (required by Spicefly sugarcube) so now when I press and hold one of buttons 1-6, I get the trackstat setting. Does this mean that when I install the SBRadio, the preset buttons will not work as designed? If so, is there a way round this? I only have rackstat installed because Sugarcube pre-reqs it.

I've seen suggestions that you don't need presets >and< favorites, but the simpicity of presets makes them attractive for someone who does not want to start delving through menus.

MeSue
2011-12-02, 20:18
How are you pressing 1-6 now if you don't have the Radio yet?

erland
2011-12-02, 22:07
However, I also have trackstat installed (required by Spicefly sugarcube) so now when I press and hold one of buttons 1-6, I get the trackstat setting. Does this mean that when I install the SBRadio, the preset buttons will not work as designed? If so, is there a way round this? I only have rackstat installed because Sugarcube pre-reqs it.

The 1-6 button hold actions are only used by TrackStat on Classic, Boom, Transporter, in the newer models (Radio/Touch/Controller) TrackStat offers this functionality as a sub menu which you reached by hitting the +/more/add key.

On Classic/Boom/Transporter, it's possible to override the action by defining a custom.map file that describes which actions you like to connect to different buttons.

yeomanspc
2011-12-03, 02:25
How are you pressing 1-6 now if you don't have the Radio yet? Not yet! - but looking at instructions it seemed like it might fall into the same hole as presets on the older SB and Slim players. Hopefully not based on Erland's post.

On Classic/Boom/Transporter, it's possible to override the action by defining a custom.map file that describes which actions you like to connect to different buttons. Erland - thank you, your post is most helpful - can you point me in direction of how to do this (documentation / guide?) and comment if it is relatively easy (i.e. my programming skills are pre-historic but should be able to manage simple text/cmd editing). It looks like a preferred approach since I can even be selective (hopefully) in which players this is done for. Perhaps I could be cheeky and request a future trackstat option to not over-ride the button behaviour of slected players? My personal interface is Ipeng now, so I'd be more likely to use that than the button updates anyway.