PDA

View Full Version : Re-connect to mysqueezebox.com

kaja69
2011-11-20, 04:47
I have had my SB Duet for several years and my extra receiver for a year but only yesterday (I Know :) I found out that I can connect to mysqueezebox.com and use Wimp, a music streaming service I pay a monthly subscription to (besides all the other services) without having the Logitech Media Server running. Pretty cool. I don't use the Duet handset anymore as the app for my Android is much better. From the web page of the LMS I reconnected to the LMS but I can't find a way to switch to mysqueezebox.com so now none of the receivers are found be the app if I don't have the LMS running.

Can it be true that I can't switch between LMS and mysqueezebox.com?
I guess there is no way that the receiver is always connected to mysqueezebox.com if the LMS is not running?

toby10
2011-11-20, 05:55
Whether that Android app will switch players between LMS and MySB depends on the app. I believe one does offer that while others do not.

Absent the Controller or an Android app to do so you will have to use the LMS web UI to switch between LMS and MySB. This cannot be done using MySB web UI.

From LMS to MySB:
LMS web UI > Extras > Music Source > MySB.com

From MySB to LMS:
LMS web UI > player section (upper right) > drop down screen > select player

kaja69
2011-11-20, 11:50
Thanks! It sure isn't the most intuitive UI. Strange that MySB is not always availeble if the LMS is offline. The LMS and the receiver has to be running to make the changes. And why can't I control it from the Logitech app?

toby10
2011-11-21, 04:59
Thanks! It sure isn't the most intuitive UI. Strange that MySB is not always availeble if the LMS is offline. The LMS and the receiver has to be running to make the changes. And why can't I control it from the Logitech app?

MySB is always available, the issue you are having is how to connect to it. ;)

If you were using a Duet Controller this would not be an issue. All other SB players, other than the Duet Receiver you are using, have their own screen to make this switch.

LMS only needs to be running in your case because you are not using the Duet Controller. As to why (if?) the official Logitech Android app does not offer this switch, you will have to ask Logitech, I dunno.
I know there is a third party Android app that will do this, but you will have to pay for that one (guessing $10).

kaja69
2011-11-21, 07:06
What I meant was that it could be cool if the receiver per default logged in to MySB if the LMS is not available for some reason.

The duet controller is so last year :) The app so much better but off course you are right. I have found the "Squeeze Commander" app for Android, which people seem to like a lot but I can't see if it has the switch or not. Anybody knows? Maybe it also handles play lists...