PDA

View Full Version : Media Server 7.7 problem

Blazer
2011-11-12, 06:56
This server (7.7.0 r33614) seems to be working fine, but I have one problem with the "start up" options.

I can not save the option of having the server run automatically at start up. The control panel allows me to select that, but the software is not saving that option. I have to manually start the server each time I reboot the PC. The 3rd option of "run at login" does not work either.

If I change the option in the control panel, then close and reopen the control panel, the setting is always back to the default of "Don't start automatically."

Any ideas?

castalla
2011-11-12, 07:04
Shut down and exit from tray icon.

Restart the program as a program with admin rights. Then set the options from control panel.

Try that.

Blazer
2011-11-12, 07:35
That worked... Thanks!

boun01
2011-11-12, 18:15
I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to lms7.7 from sbs version 5 on a win 7 PC. I tried the procedure suggested by Castalla, but it remains impossible to save the "run automatically at start-up" option.
Thanks.

Vulcanbomber
2011-11-29, 05:22
I have the same problem, the Media server can't be set to started automatically, even when logged in as Admin user.
Also when I run services.msc, with Media service started manually it doesn't appeart in list of services

Soulkeeper
2011-11-29, 07:01
You might want to try the following:

1) Uninstall LMS.
2) Log in as admin or right-click on the installation exe and install LMS as admin.
3) Then start the tray as admin and try checking the "run automatically at start-up"

This may or may not solve your problem.

boun01
2011-11-29, 08:41
You might want to try the following:

1) Uninstall LMS.
2) Log in as admin or right-click on the installation exe and install LMS as admin.
3) Then start the tray as admin and try checking the "run automatically at start-up"

This may or may not solve your problem.

It's a success in my case. It was not necessary to go to step 3 : "run automatically at start-up" was the default option.

Thanks for the help!